Tires Again

Tomahawks are actually retreads of other makes. They have a new process for bike tires and come in several colors ! Performance wise they aren't very good and weigh a lot more than your regular tires (since they are compounded over an old tire). Sounds kinda cheapie, but they are good safe tires, and their process has been used in aircraft tires for years. They are just not up to a top brand name tire built for your bike.  
beerchug.gif

+1 on the M1 sportecs, STILL my favorite. Scored high in the new sportrider tire shootout. Tomahawks scored the lowest, better read before purchasing a set.....

The highest rated tire in the SportRider review were the new Dunlops. I'm riding the Michelin Pilot Powers, the #2 rated tire, now, and have also run the Metzler Sportec M1P as well as the Dunlop predecessor, the 208. Of the three, the Michelin is the most responsive, followed closely by the Dunlop and then the Metzler a distant third. Although I like the Michelin a lot I will try the new Dunlops when it's time to replace because I'm a "grass is always greener" tire 'ho.

My first sportbike was a 1995 CBR600F3 I bought from my son (he needed a down payment for his 900RR) He bought the bike used and painted it solid yellow. Looked kinda like a ducati. Anyway, I thought I would by a pair of yellow tires to make it look better. So I bought yellow Tomahawks. I guess I didn't notice it at first but after taking it up to 150 one day I got off and did a close inspection of the tires and noticed all kinds of lapping on the sidewalls. Needless to say that was the last time I went that fast on the bike. Maybe I got a pair of lemons (no pun intended) but I would never buy them again. And yes I went to their website and read all about the Quality Control that they claim to have. I've been in QC for over 25 yrs and if they had an inspector look at these tires before they left the plant he had to be blind.

Back