helibars

yaesu

Registered
I bought this bike used and was looking at getting the helibars before spring time. After I get the RH faring replaced.Any way I was checking the website and was reading the intall sheet and noticed that my choke cable has been moved and was wondering if there is any way to tell if the helibars have been installed already.I can take pictures if need be or is there a measurement that can be taken to tell. Thanks for the help.
smile.gif

Really need pictures to tell. But with pictures it will be very obvious if they are installed already or not.

David

the way to tell is if they are stock bars they will slide straight into the top tree,heli's will slide into the tree and come up away from the base more toward the driver.

Another quick way is the color. Stock bars are silver colored. Helibars are black.

Helibars are black with a Powder Coat type finish, stock bars are silver, HeliBars have a rise in them about 3/4'. Stock bars are straight tubes...

If it looks like this then you've got Heli-Bars. Notice the height difference between the Gray triple tree clamp and the word UP cast into the brake Res clamp? That is what the Heli bar does. It raises the height of the handle bar by 1 1/2" .It also allows you to move the controls forward or backwards a bit (3/4" I believe)

<!--EDIT|MoosesBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133299309 -->

PB300004a.JPG

I have halibars and love them.
Tried to find them a little less expensive with no luck.
Of course as soon as I bought them I found them on ebay much cheaper... Used... who cares.

Two days left link cost 100 bucks right now.

Actually I set automated search for Hayabusa Heli and ebay shoot me an email when somebody started selling them.

I do that with everything I`m looking for. If you have time and patience... go for it.

<!--EDIT|Vic_E55_2001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133315414 -->

Next step is to get some heli-bars. I have time, winter is here, 18 deg's this morning. Thanks to everyone for the help. This is a great group.

Back