Removing reflecters

Jet Li

What is the AWESOME????
Donating Member
Registered
Took off my reflectors but ran into an unexpected problem. On hexnut on each side of the rear is trapped in underside palstic where they mate to the screw! I tried shaking the bike, abruptly applying the front break, and a magnet. The darn buggers just won't come out. Anyone have any suggestions....?

small.JPG

Remove the tail section and you'll have better access to the nuts.

Just wack the fairing with your hand and they will jump over the little plastic wall that is holding them in there. Then they will fall to the lower part of the tail section and you can reach in and grab them.

Remove the back-seat/hump, pick up the bike, flip it up-side-down, and shake it a bit. The nuts should come right out. Bad thing is, yours might explode due to a hernia!

I read the manual and figured out how to take tail section apart. Was going to have to learn sooner or later to install screens. It really wasn't that bad at all.

Took about a 100 mile ride this afternoon and those pesky nuts were at the forward end of the tail section. I just fished em out with a magnet!! Thanks for all the advice especially about flipping the bike upside down! I tired it and actually found the socket I lost yesterday!
smile.gif

Back