helibars

Tool

Registered
i'm looking at installing helibars on my bike (06 Busa). anyone have an opinion these or possible other brands? also, wandering about installation. its looks pretty straight forward and simple?

THe heli-bar install is not bad... You will have to probably replace the grips when you install the heli-bars. I used the reaper risers and they are much cheaper, plus keep the factory look... 35$ shipped, plus they will allow you to lower the front a bit... Gen-mar risers is an expensive better looking alternative to the reapers...

Good Luck...

THe green has got to go...
biggrin.gif

Yes the green is hard on the eyes. i found the web site for gen-mar, but the web page i found for reaper risers did not show anything for sportbikes. can you give a web site to look at. the heli bars claim to lift 1"5/8, but looking at the pics on the web does not look that high. the gen-mar you can go 3/4 to 1 1/2 easy to see height differance. do you know if these specs are correct. and yes the heli-bars are expensive $145 at the local dealer.

Heli Bars rule! They install easy and they add a great deal of comfort. Other than the price, what's not to like!
biggrin.gif

i went with a combo of genmar 3/4in riser along with the helibars works very sweet along with a tobin seat i have what i think of as a perfect riding position!
biggrin.gif
bolth are easy instal with complete directions that they come with or you can download from the website. wedge a sc rew driver under the grip and pour some rubbing alchol between the bar and grip then work the grip back and forth it will slide right off and then back on when the alchol evaporates the grip will be stuck no glue needed !

The easiest way to remove the bar ends is to grab it firmly with your bare hand and twist counterclockwise. It will break it free semi-easily and you won't mess up the screw head.
The rubbing alcohol trick mentioned above is the stand down easiest way to get the grips off and back on.
Be sure to re-route the choke cable between the two tank bolts. If you don't the bike will idle up every time you turn left.
I love my Heli-bars! Thinking about adding the Reapers to lower the front just a tad and keeping the position I have now. and Yes, the heli-bar measurements are correct even if you can't see them in the picture. Once you have them in your hands it will be obvious.

thanks for all the input! a friend of my just hsd them installed last friday. so i'll get to check them out at work tomorrow personally. i'm leaving to go ride now. we have blue skys, 66 degrees and a slight breeze. wont be back till time to eat. HAPPY THANKSGIVNG!
biggrin.gif

I really liked the way they felt on my friends bike.I ordered mine already ($145 + tax at local dealer). It is a little pricy, but the difference I felt makes it worth every penny!

My wife bought the Helibars for me for my birthday last weekend so I installed them this week. Haven't had an opportunity to ride it yet but it indeed does move them bars! Hardest part of the whole thing was getting at the screws on the switch pods. Need a real short philips and small hands.

DSCN0001.JPG

My wife bought the Helibars for me for my birthday last weekend so I installed them this week. Haven't had an opportunity to ride it yet but it indeed does move them bars! Hardest part of the whole thing was getting at the screws on the switch pods. Need a real short philips and small hands.
What kind of bar ends are those?

Custom Brass. My older brother is a machinist and he made them for me about 15 years ago when one of my stockers rattled off my GS1150 on the way home from Laguna Seca.

THe heli-bar install is not bad... You will have to probably replace the grips when you install the heli-bars. I used the reaper risers and they are much cheaper, plus keep the factory look... 35$ shipped, plus they will allow you to lower the front a bit... Gen-mar risers is an expensive better looking alternative to the reapers...

Good Luck...

THe green has got to go...
biggrin.gif
I think helibars looks much more factory then reapers.
I tried both and prefer helibars. You don`t have to replace grips...
$160 for two pieces of metal is way overpriced tho...

Back