New Tires for my Used Busa

downtick

Registered
I'm picking up my new-to-me 2001 busa on Wednesday. I think that it needs new tires and I'm trying to figure out which ones to get.

I'm not a big racer or anything like that, I'm probably going to use it for more touring. Any recommendations?

Thanks!

i have an 01' as well and i use my bike primarily for twisties, cruising, and a 180k commute. i rode w/ the stock bridgestone battle ax for a few years and just switched to michelin pilot powers and i love them. they were a little funky in the beginning but after 200k they feel real good. these tires warm up much faster than the bridgestone's and lover the twisties. if you decide to go w/ the michelin pilot poweres just remembe to keep up w/ the tire pressure. you will feel a funky wobble. good luck!

BUSA_2.jpg

Pilot Powers here also.

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1132601784 -->

Pilot Powers or Pirelli Diablos. What color '01 did you get 'cause they make some color-matched tires also?
laugh.gif

My friend mentioned that the Pilot sports that he has on his 01 busa are a bit "tippy" because they seem to have too much of an apex. Any thoughts on that? I'm looking for a smooth ride a both low speeds and on the freeway.

I didn't like powers though they stick like muthas in the twisties. I couldn't get the freaking wobble out of mine.

My friend mentioned that the Pilot sports that he has on his 01 busa are a bit "tippy" because they seem to have too much of an apex.  Any thoughts on that?  I'm looking for a smooth ride a both low speeds and on the freeway.
They're not tippy and they aren't anymore profiled than the others.

Pilot Powers

Back