Lose Weight

ofcford

Registered
I weigh about 230 with full leathers. I would like to remove about 20 pounds off my stock 05. Other than the headers and cans what else can be removed or modified to lose weight?
overlord.gif

watch it's diet, and exercise it regularly.
wink.gif

plenty of stuff to be done... how much ya wanna spend?

wheels, brakes, body work, blah blah.

pair removal is the easiest,, and thats about 5 pnds..

easiest place for most of us to lose un-needed weight.. is ourselves.. haha..

they say every 7 pnds = 1 hp

how big an ole boy are ya anyway?

oh wait. 230... you may be able to drop a few right htere..

I'm about 215 w/leather... I just ain't that worried about it.. haha

if I lose weight its' gonna be for something more important than bike performance.

thought of something else.. only keep about 1.5 gallons of fuel in it... that would save probably close to 20 pnds I'd say..

not sure of the weight of a gallon of gas.. but 3-5 pnds I'd guess..

4 X 4pnds.. 16 pnds right there!@

Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Slim Fast
laugh.gif

Just messing with you. If ego's numbers are right, I could gain 6-7 hp, but I'm not that worried about it. If you have the budget, start swapping out stock parts for carbon fiber ones.

you can lose about twenty pounds in a few weeks by just easing up on carbs like bread rice potatoes any kind of pasta and eats lots of protien like lean ground beef.

you can lose about twenty pounds in a few weeks by just easing up on carbs like bread rice potatoes any kind of pasta and eats lots of protien like lean ground beef.
You could lose about 15 lbs of rotating mass by switching to carbon fibre wheels. This is the most noticable mod you can do to your bike. You will feel the difference in just about everything the bike does. It will accellerate faster, stop faster and turn much better. Granted the wheels are not inexpensive but if you ever ride a Busa with them you will not want to ride one without them.
1.17web.jpg

<!--EDIT|chris@oncycles
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130788885 -->

Dayum!! Those wheels are the shiznit!!!!

Are they as strong in every way as the stockers?

How much cabbage?

FULL Carbon body w/tank is worth about 50 lbs I'm told,then a titanium full system will help you lose a ton or so! Then the carbon wheels will put you under 500 I think,ask clearwaterbusa,he know the exact weights,you can also go light weight brakes as he did and drob a few more Lbs.NJ.

HOW MUCH AND WHERE CAN I GET THOSE WHEELS!!!!!!
OnCycles is the place to get the wheels. We are a board sponsor. Please check out our website www.oncycles.com.
We have a lot of different choices besides the full carbon.
The full Carbon wheels run $3328 a set and are very strong. We do not recommend the carbon or magnesium wheels for stunting however.
The Carbon/Magnesium wheels are what I run mainly because I could color match the wheels to my bike. We are currently working on chroming the magnesium part. The hub and spoke are mag and the hoop is carbon. They are also very light. We have these in three and five spoke. The carbon/mags are $2725.
1.8web.jpg

As always, any questions please call.

mag wheels are no fun on the street. i ran a set on my VMAX and with potholes and stuff it is SUPER easy to ding them up! not worth it imho.. you will just be getting it straightened after a hard bump. I've thought about carbon fiber wheels... but I have seen a carbon fiber wheel explode. I dunno, another track only item in my opinion. I would consider some PM wheels or something.... but again, seems unnecessary for a street bike!

Full carbon bodywork
Magnesium wheels
Aluminum subframe
no rear pegs
lighter bar ends
cut all non-essential brackets off the frame under the tank and bodywork
aftermarket titanium exhaust or turbo system and no pipe
lighter aftermarket rotors
lose the brake and clutch master cylinders and go aftermarket, like PVM's and Rizzoma mini reservoirs
After all this, you will be near 440 lbs, full of fuel and oil

But it will feel like a 600 does

Back