extended swingarm

busa2001

Registered
i am thing of sending out my swing arm to have it extended 4" over... for you guys with this setup does it change the bike's handling that much?

Yes. You have to work harder to make the bike turn. If you lower the bike, and you will unless you dig the hillclimber look, it'll scrape when you turn. It doesn't ruin the handling, but if you ride twisties more than you drag race, don't bother.

<!--EDIT|Mr Brown
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130162605 -->

Extended swingarms look cool for posin', or for when you go to the weekend drags, but useless for riding the twisties, even more so if you put a 240 tire on the rear.

If you set the bike up for NO more then 4" over and keep her stock height, I think you are still going to handle pretty well...

I have mine 7" over and yes I definetly notice the difference... I just moved it in to 4", but haven't had it out yet to test it... I will let you know how different it is when I get her running in a few weeks...

CLoud

mine is stretched 4 inches lowered 1 3/4 in front and 2 in. in back once i tightened up my supension settings i didnt notice that much difference. but again i do not ride my bike to the limit.. around here the streets suck and the highways are straight...

i have never road a stock busa but mine is lowerd 3 in back 2 in front and swingarm has been stretched 8 inches"to me"she handles really well leans over takes corners really well but then again i am faaaaarrrrrr from a pro and don't even come close to riding one to it's potentail.i guess it comes down on what your goal of the bike is.good luck

you guys mind showing some pics of what a 4" and 7" extended swingarm looks like on your bikes? anyone got anything stretched a little more? i want to see what the difference looks like. seriously thinking bout making this mod. thanks.

you guys mind showing some pics of what a 4" and 7" extended swingarm looks like on your bikes? anyone got anything stretched a little more? i want to see what the difference looks like. seriously thinking bout making this mod. thanks.
No 4 or 7, but here's a0-6, set at about 5......

Carsbikes_051ltl.JPG

ok have another question. i have been calling around and i want to know what a "bolt on" extended swing arm looks like. is it worth going with that over purchasing a new swingarm? can anyone please help out with letting me see some pics of both on a busa (or other bike) and everyone feel free to let me know what they have as far as pros and cons of both. thanks guys for your help. really startin to dig this site.

Bolt on extensions look okay, welded extensions look better. The advantage to bolt ons is that they are easily removed for twisty action....
Mine are C&S welded on a stock arm, then chromed.

3-9 adjustable for sale $475 tyd exchange ready to be polished,powdercoated ,anodized or chromed.$525 outright

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131442452 -->

I went +4" and lowered it 1" front and rear. It slows it down in the turns, but I still keep up with my friends on spirited rides. I really like it this way.
swingarm0-6.jpg

Back