Idle Speed for the Busa. New Map needed?

Corso1

Registered
Doubtful most of you will remember me. It has been a while, although I have been looking and actually have posted a few in the "Classifieds" section.
I took the bike out today, I recently disconnected my TRE because in truth I never really saw much benefit. My bike is still stock except for gearing, and I have a question for those of you masters.

My Busa has always idled very low, since I first got it. So low that if I abruptly come to a stop, or wick up the throttle and release it will often die. Even when warm. Did anyone else have this issue? In truth I have not even looked for a manual adjustment, Does anyone have any suggestion? Are there upgraded MAPS for the stock configuration?

Thanks-

Corso

Open the hump, get out the manual, read it, adjust the idle to around 1200 (this works for me), small amount of loctite on the idle adjuster thread.
Learn about your bike.

Cheers
Ross

Thanks Rosco. I will try the loctite idea. I was just wandering if anyone had had a similiar problem.

And...where better to learn about the Busa than on this web page. This is the third "injected" bike I've had, never had to mess with the idle on the others. Didn't want to mess with the idle straight away without seeing if others had found additional causes for the dying. But...if 1200 works for you I will give it a shot.

Thanks again-
Ryan

Its a common problem with Busas. The idle screw vibrates out causing idle speed to drop.

Some people use loctite.
Others(like me) just adjust the idle when it needs it. Just lift the tank and screw the screw
wink.gif

Its a common problem with Busas.  The idle screw vibrates out causing idle speed to drop.

Some people use loctite.
Others(like me) just adjust the idle when it needs it.  Just lift the tank and screw the screw  
wink.gif
Yep, just one of those little inperfections.

It seems most do it, so its a little sad Suzuki never did a fix for it.

smile.gif

yeah its used to happen to me....i keep mine set about 1500... nice ballsy idle.... under 1100rpm the motor gets insufficent oil tho so atleast 1200 i would say!

Thanks fellas! Done and done. Set her up to about 1200-1250. Seems a bit better. No wander they vibrate loose, that screw was like nothing to turn!

Thanks again-

Corso

I had to adjust my idle back to 1100 once right after I bought it. In over two years I never had to touch it again.

Back