rebuilding rear shock. stronger spring

Bigger-Busa

Registered
Now that my sch-wing arm is 10" over i was thinkin of getting the rear shock rebuilt with a stiffer spring and possibly re-valving. I tightend the adjuster nuts to give it more pre-load and turn the valve setting up a few notchesbut still need more firmness to get a passenger on there without bottoming out on bumps.The rear seems a bit smooshy. does anyone have info or parts for this operation?

Yea, you will never be able to stiffen up stock suspension enough to compensate for the extension... YOu will need to get a new spring... Got mine from Trac dynamics and I think they are running around 250 new...

With the new spring, you will also be able to lower the bike and still carry a passenger...
biggrin.gif

CLoud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129217157 -->

Thanks! I sent them an email an asked how they would go about the upgrades. I will let you know what they recommened and will take pix of the process to post later.

I will be sending the shock to them soon as this is my responce from Traxxion Dynamics:
I stiffer spring would be the way to go. We sell Hypercoil shock springs for $99.95. If you want to send the shock in we will install it for free.

By just adding more preload to the spring you are not changing the spring rate you are simply compressing the spring more making it feel stiffer in the top inch of travel. If the spring is too soft and allows the rear to bottom it will still bottom no matter how much preload you put on it. A new spring would be the most cost efficient way to go.

We accept all major credit cards for payment. Thanks, let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

===========================

Champions Choose Traxxion...

Mike Hardy

Sales Manager

Traxxion Dynamics, Inc.

Back