new post, old topic AIR HORNS

ICEMANN

Registered
There are alot of them out there to buy.  If you can get metal ones they last longer and handle the vibrations better.  I now have a 5 horn system.  ALL in the nose section.  Plays a cute lil ol song. BUT LOUD AS HELLL.

Here is my two horn original system.

not mine but here is another way to do it.  All just tips if you want to tackle it.

Some suggestions.  If you use any kind of "zip" tie to secure the horn and you have plastic horns, and you put the zip tie around the "neck" of the actual horn....DONT ZIP IT SO TIGHT.  allow alittle room/slop to give when you hit bumps and wheelies.  Angle the horns downward a tad tk keep water/bugs etc out of it.  I put cheeze cloth over the opening of mine now.  Dayum bugs.

Use automotive hoses not the cheap stuff it comes with.  It cracks.

If you have "longer" horns you can mount them in the back tail section between the body and the plastics.  Out side the trunk if you will but still under the tail section.  (dead space area).

Watch for binds in the hose if you go from front to rear.  Dont hamper your steering by not seeing it.

YOU REALLY SHOULD USE A RELAY to keep the power draw off the stock wires. Horns will last longer too.

JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129127715 -->

THANKS ICEMANN FOR THE QUICK REPLY. I COULDN'T FIND THIS POST AND I REMEMBER SEEING IT A WHILE BACK. YOU ALWAYS COME THROUGH.
biggrin.gif

<span style='color:red'>ICEMAN IS THE TO GO TO MAN HE WAS ALWAYS COME THOUGH IN THE CLUTCH</span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

Back