undertail signal lights

SPEEDEMON

Donating Member
Registered
so i go a hotboddies undertail and now all my signals blink to fast...
how do i get it to blink normal again?
i know this had to have been covered...just couldnt find anything

thanx

Too change the flash rate you will have to add resistors because of the reduced load on the system. Believe you will need 8 or 10 ohm resistors, but can't remember which.

I have a Clear Alternatives LED light. It came with TWO - 10 Ohm ceramic power resistors. These are usually white, rectangular shaped...about 2 inches long. They install IN PARALLEL with the positive turn signal wires. One side of the resistor to the positive turn signal wire, the other end to ground.

i have 2 of these resistors if anybody wants them, free of charge! Ill even pay shipping!
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129052055 -->

You can go to any autoparts store and get a heavy duty flasher relay for eight bucks and wire it in there instead of the one that's on your bike. It's very easy to do, and will solve the problem with out soldering and cutting.

Just push the wires through the panel that are connected to the existing relay and connect them to the new relay using inline wire taps and you're done. This all happens under the left dash panel. Use double sided tape to mount it and replace the panel.

Good Luck!

You can go to any autoparts store and get a heavy duty flasher relay for eight bucks and wire it in there instead of the one that's on your bike.  It's very easy to do, and will solve the problem with out soldering and cutting.

Just push the wires through the panel that are connected to the existing relay and connect them to the new relay using inline wire taps and you're done.  This all happens under the left dash panel.  Use double sided tape to mount it and replace the panel.

Good Luck!
been doing this for years yet some want to throw money away

Back