Tall rider modifications

mrjoshua101

Registered
I would like some recommendations for modifications I can get for a tall rider. I'm 6'4" and I want to purchase a Busa, but when I tried sitting on one at the dealership, it seemed a little cramped.

This topic comes up a lot. If you do a search, you will find some good info.

I'm 6'3" and did the following: Heli Bars, Corbin Seat, TL1000R pegs and a Double Bubble windscreen. Now I can ride all day in comfort.

The Heli's raised the grips and pulled them back a bit. The Corbin is just plain comfy. The TL pegs lowered feet a bit. The screen was a necessity (if you like reading your gauges).

...and welcome to the board!

I'm 6'8"

I ground the foot pegs down a bit, and installed a zero gravity sport touring windscreen. I think the handle bars are ok where they are. I tried the Buell footpeg mod but it made my back cramp up.

I'm 6'3", I didn't do anything but get used to the bike, I like it just the way it is. It did take a little getting used to though.

Kev

I SAW TONY KUKOC AT CHICAGO CYCLE SITTING ON ONE OF THE DISPLAY BUSA'S. DON'T KNOW IF HE BOUGHT ONE. IF HE DID WONDER WHAT HE HAD DONE TO IT. THINK I WILL GET A TOBIN SEAT. CRAMPED MORE IN THE LEGS BUT SITTING LOWER MAY TAKE WEIGHT OFF MY RIGHT WRIST. IF I WERE TALLER I WOULD GET ADJUST REAR SET FROM ATTACK.

I'm 6'4 .. ( with a 38" inseam ) I've made longer dogbones .. which raised the bike 3/4".. made 7/8 spacers for the Bars and also .."modified" the handlebar controls ,so the levers would rotate lower .. got a Dubble Bubble windshield ..modified exsiting pegs .. adjusted shocks ( F/R ).... bike's " comphy" .. to me
smile.gif

I SAW TONY KUKOC AT CHICAGO CYCLE SITTING ON ONE OF THE DISPLAY BUSA'S. DON'T KNOW IF HE BOUGHT ONE. IF HE DID WONDER WHAT HE HAD DONE TO IT. THINK I WILL GET A TOBIN SEAT. CRAMPED MORE IN THE LEGS BUT SITTING LOWER MAY TAKE WEIGHT OFF MY RIGHT WRIST. IF I WERE TALLER I WOULD GET ADJUST REAR SET FROM ATTACK.
Why Attack, as I understand the Attack rear sets just allow you to raise the pegs, or move them forward and backward. Am I wrong, because I would like to lower mine just a bit but don't know which way to go. New rear sets by ? , or the TLR pegs.

I'm 6'4"+, and can definitely recommend the Helibars. That and a double bubble will help immensely.

Back