Yosh pipes and other mods?

fastball44

Registered
Thinkin' about a set of Yosh cans. R3s on my '05. I just want a bit of sound without modifying the injection with a Power Commander. If I bolt up the cans, will I have any change in performance that is negative? (flat spots in the rpm range, etc) Thanks in advance.

you will need to do the PAIR mod to eliminate back firing for sure...

There is nothing wrong with modifying the fuel system with a PC... THe only way to get the most of your mods is to add more fuel for your extra air... ;)

If you are just doing the slip-ons, you aren't going to get much extra performance out of it, just sound... race filters don't make much of a difference either...

You should ask yourself what you are trying to achieve... We may be able to give better advice knowing what you are trying to get out of the bike....

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128178429 -->

Bolt on's do not necessitate a PC.  Nor will you notice any negative effects outside of a slight popping from the exhaust which can be fixed by blocking PAIR.  You will notice no power gain either.  Bolt ons simply give you a better sound, and maybe a whopping 1 HP or so.  Nothing you will notice.  Keep in mind, that for the price of a new set of Bolt on mufflers, you can get some Full systems.  And will a full system a PC is NOT NECESSARY unless you want to get the full potential out of the system.  Put 1k miles on my bike with full system and no PC, and she's running great.  I also had the bike DYNO'D with the full system and NO PC, and the Air/Fuel Ratios were PERFECT.  

Just some food for thought.

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128178496 -->

Just what I was looking for in advice. Thanks. As for my goals? I can't hear my exhaust well in my helmet and I'm used to riding by sound. The bike is PLENTY fast enough for this 50 year old geezer and I just wanna be able to enjoy the melody as I run up through the gears..........ah.....sweet music.

Thanks again.

I bought my bike with the RS-3's already on her. It sounds great (to me) and I don't have the backfiring. If that starts to occur I'll just do the "marble mod".
smile.gif

Most of the time bolt/slip-ons don't need a PC3.  I ran a full system yoshi for 2 yrs+ with only ocasional backfires in the mountains with no PC3 and no problems.  I eventually got one and did the pair mod, now no backfires at all. Checking spark-plugs are great indicators if your engine is too rich or too lean.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1128450039 -->

Back