05 le

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
been pretty busy tryin to make the bike my own , so taillight integrator ,lost the blinkers still have to get a plate relocator . i was leaving for pa and i have been wanting to get a throttlemiester so i was leavin and the night before i call them up the guy was great sent it overnight , 38$ extra but i had it by 10 am friday morning , so i was kinda not sure about the 178$ thing but it is now irreplacable not to mention i got the heavies and it has cut the bar vibration in half ! great product ! so i wanted black the guy tells me scuff it up and paint it so i did flat black been on for 750 miles without a scuff ! off to home depot to pick up gutter screens paint them black install ! so then i paint the mids then the rear peg/ exhaust support , then the rearsets black is contagious !!!!! oh yeah the clutch and brake levers too!

P1010010.JPG

anyway ,hope you like the pics ! so what do ya think? and should the bolts/nuts/screws be black ?
cool.gif

wow awesome i also have an 05 and i really want to paint my pegs black!!!! what paint did you use show me a pic of the paint so i can get the same stuff!
thanx!!
it looks awesome btw

here they are  duplicolor high heat  1200 degree black  dh1602  for the mid pipes ,got that from pep boys  , then rustoleum flat black for every thing else , topped with krylon clear coat , i realy want to powder coat , but couldnt wait ! after the throttlemiester was painted parts just started comming off .

<!--EDIT|johnstein
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127701225 -->

p1010011.JPG

Sweet, Im having a whole new set of peg brackets power coated this winter!!! Looks great!!!!
cool.gif
cool.gif

cool.gif

here they are  duplicolor high heat  1200 degree black  dh1602  for the mid pipes ,got that from pep boys  , then rustoleum flat black for every thing else , topped with krylon  clear coat , i realy want to powder coat , but couldnt wait ! after the throttlemiester was painted  parts just started comming off .
Thanks that paint is just what I have been looking for. This will be a winter project.

here they are  duplicolor high heat  1200 degree black  dh1602  for the mid pipes ,got that from pep boys  , then rustoleum flat black for every thing else , topped with krylon  clear coat , i realy want to powder coat , but couldnt wait ! after the throttlemiester was painted  parts just started comming off .
Are you concerned the paint peeling?

I'm getting ready to do mine. I still have the stock cans and was going to paint them flat black along with the pegs like you did. I was wanting to see what it would look like and now I'm sold. I don't think I would black out all the bolts that might be going a little to far. Need to have something to set it off, but who knows it might look great. If you do it post pics please.

It's nice seeing that someone else has the fastest color.
laugh.gif

Back