240 Fat tire kit

KC135_flyer

Registered
Hey just curious if anyone has ever installed one of these kits on their busa?? I am going to purchase one this winter and they said you have to grind some of the frame down to get it to fit?? Any help is appreciatted

I really like what Trac has, plus talking to Jon at Sportchrome sounds like he sells them and will install it on my frame before he chromes it.

Yeah I know its a swingarm, wasnt born yesterday. Ive been riding and working on bikes since I could walk. What i meaant was Jon at sport chrome is chroming everything for me (frame etc) and he will put the singarm on for me, because you have to grind down the frame I guess.

Asking questions to see if any one has done this mod before. Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers, didnt mean it like that, I thought you were calling me stupid thats why I said something. I hope this forum isnt this touchey about stuff, damn.

depends on what you want out of the 240 kit....
once you get it you lost the ability to ride the twisties and the kit will slow your times at the dragstrip.
So in other words by getting the 240 kit you have limited your bike for show only. I think that is cool but I was just making sure you were aware of that.

This is my first post on this board. I just received the 300 Fat tire kit from C&S customs. The guys have helped me with all my questions so far and now comes the installation. I will add pictures here on this forum as i progress and let everyone know through pictures and comments how it works out for me. im adding this 300 Avon tire kit to my '05 Hayabusa. i had the bike 3 1/2 months and its got 8,500 miles on her already! i drive ALOT and this will realy test out the huge rear end. I would like to add pictures, if someone can instruct me on this i will be glad to share the complete building step by step.

To answer your question KC135_flyer, you do have to grind out your frame a little--not much though. If Jon says he could do it for you before he chromes it, then I would go with that.

I have the 240 kit on my bike. Purchased it from Jon. I've got an 8 inch over arm on it and it rides like a dream. You don't loose that much in the twisties that you can't make up for in the long run. You lose a little in the quarter but not much. Once you put a shot of NOS on it, you'll be better off than most think.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Oh by the way, buy the ZZZ O-ring chain (gold) if you get the kit. It is the no stretch one. Anything else will stretch and cause your wheels damage.

Back