quick question quick answer

TulBusa

Donating Member
Registered
As it states...is there enough length in the wire to mount the regular 3.0 Speedohealer under the hump? Thanks!

I'm sure somebody has had some experience with this.  I did a search, but it's not really clear.  I know others could benefit from this info.  Anyone?

<!--EDIT|TulBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122312245 -->

I have mine mounted in the hump, but didn't do it myself so I'll have to check and see how much wire is left. I believe there is plenty, but some folks wanted to mount a remote switch upfront so they wouldn't have to wait until they got off the bike to see topspeed, etc.

You will not make it to the hump effectively with the supplied cable. Get a 56" cable, which I don't believe they charge extra for, and it will give you plenty of options on where to mount in the trunk.
smile.gif

I didn't know that the speedo healer would tell you top speed! So it has a recall button on it?
rock.gif

Sorry, get the custom one. Gives you remote mount button option and get the plu-n-play. All said I think it is a $100 shipped.
smile.gif

even with the Suzuki EXT model.... I was only able to get mine as far back as the cross brace just behind the rear seat (not fully under the hump) which works great for me. I can't bump it there!
There are to ways to recall the top speed on the newer versions of the speedo healer.....there is a button on the unit itself...or you get the cable which allows to to place it up front like this:

see that tiny TAN object at center...right next to the clutch line? that's the button.

and then you can recall your highest recorded speed, like this:

I'm a slowpoke by nature!
You can also clear the recall by holding the button for a few seconds more.

From start to finish...it takes no more than 2 hours to complete...and that includes your calibration with a GPS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back