No mirrors or rear turn signals on the street

I tried without the mirrors once... and believe me, its a pain!! And I didnt find the bike too good looking without the mirrors either

Not me, and haven't seen anyone on the board post that they did. Plenty of people with the custom mirrors (smaller). I would be curious how you block off the front signals? Maybe a racing fairing?

well..... after my wreck.........

no mirrors when racing, but on the street it is plain deadly. you cant see around yourself without taking a hand off the bars and turning your body around.

no rear signals for a loooong time. not too bad, but in the city, its askin for trouble.
I got the integrated turn signals now.... sweet!

No way do not want to give the cops any reason to pull me over, they already give bikes the evil eye to begin with.

I have been riding without mirrors for about three months.  Initially, I tried it for cosmetic reasons.  Since then, I have found that I am riding a little more conservative.  By this, I mean that lane changes may be a little slower because I have to turn around to see if the coast is clear.  I don't have to outrun someone to get them off my tail (I can't see them so I don't know that they're there (if they're there)).  One big problem is that you can't see the "man" behind you.  You might start speeding with the "po po" right behind you.  

Is it stupid to take the mirrors off?  I would have to say yes.  But it's not my first time and probably won't be my last.  I'll put the mirrors back on one day.

<!--EDIT|soon2be
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122259534 -->

No rear T/S here, mirrors will go as soon as I find reasonably priced block offs. Front T/S are there because there is no point removing them.......
I agree it's not the safest mod, but where I live there's hardly any traffic, and I don't like the mirrors anyway.

I 86'd my mirrors the day I got my bike, including the hideous mud flap! I personally have a hard time using the mirrors particularly because I don't trust them and for cosmetic reasons.

Back