16 T

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
Just got done putting my 16 on the front. Not really as easy as I thought it would be, but nothing ever is the first time. It does seem to have more torque in the first three gears and 2nd gear wheelies with less effort, but I think I'm gonna get the 42 rear also.

Please update on the effect with 16T and 42 Rear. I put a 42 on mine with the stock 17 front and it did give it some more snap but still feel the bike is geared to high. Maybe the 43 or 44 is the answer with the stock 17 up front but I can't go any bigger in the rear with the stock chain. My ZZR has 17/44 from the factory and I dropped it one in the front and I can tell you it has bottom in grunt which is what I want.... the
0 to 170 mph is all I need but would rather have the power where I ride which is 30 to 140 mph blasts staying around 60 70 as normal riding, never will need 185 and up that I can see on the street and with a 17/40 combo that is for top end.

16/42,awesome gearing!
wink.gif

nj,
Does that combination take away the slow speed stumble the Busa has? The dealership is telling me it should but I want to here it from the hors....I mean the nitrousjunkies mouth....
wink.gif

Just getting mine up and running. Feels a little peppier at the start, but I haven't done any high-speed runs to check out the top end.

I noticed the difference immediately. It seems to wake the bike up, if you know what I mean. Not that it was slow before, it just seems like what I thought it should always have been.
Unfortunately, it's still not quick enough for me so I ordered a 44t rear today. We'll see what difference it makes on Friday.........

Back