Galfer SS lines

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
I ordered a full set of Galfer SS lines..

rear line went on no problems... but it seems the banjo bolts they sent for the clutch, and the front brakes are incorrect.

They are course threaded instead of fine.. and slightly bigger than they are supposed to be.

I emailed galfer and told em... in short.. either I didn't explain the problem fully.. or they are retarded. They just told me that it was supposed to be that way to accomodate the two lines for the front... uhg.. yes.. I am a total tool... thats the problem... idiots.. i've emailed them again explaining that if I put these bolts into the holes it's going to destroy the threads and strip out... and asked if they were going to replace all of the pieces this is going to screw up.. or would they like to possibly give me the benefit of the doubt that I'm not a complete nincompoop and know when two bolts have different threads and are different sizes it's not going to work.

Anyway... Dunno what I need.. haha.. other than for them to stop being dumb.. just venting a bit. I swear to poot if they don't get me the right bolts before friday of next week I'm gonna burn the place down (wattimer style baby!) I have a track day monday and we all know the 'busa needs all the help she can get... which explains why I got em in the first place.

Hey ego, I had the same problem with mine. I just simply used the stock banjo bolts in it's place and it's worked fine for me. Although I did have my bolts chromed to match the master cylinders, but it's a choice for you anyway.

I figured it wasn't just me.. I used the stock ones for the clutch... but the one for the front brake needs the double banjo for both lines.. what did ya do about that?

just for the record... I am worried that galfer is going to botch this up (lord knows I wasn't impressed with their initial response anyway) I went online to pegasusracing.com and ordered what I needed.. about $28 for parts and to have them shipped 2 day UPS to be sure I have them.

They aren't chrome or whatever.. course I wasn't worried about that anyway.

I figured it wasn't just me.. I used the stock ones for the clutch... but the one for the front brake needs the double banjo for both lines.. what did ya do about that?
It took me a while to think about it, but I just remembered what I did. I used the double-banjo bolt from a set of Goodbridge lines. I'll check when I get home tonight, and if I have an extra one, I'll ship it to ya on Monday. As 99.9% of the time with me, it's FREE!!! I'll look around tonight, and I'll PM you tomorrow sometime and let ya know. $28 just sounds fuggin' ridiculous for some bolts and shipping.
mad.gif

yah.. i'm not overly happy about it... but what ya gonna do ya know.

I'm going to send the bill to Galfer.. i know they won't pay it but I'll feel better about it anyway.

och..

I went back with a new plan to finish the SS brake lines..

I was going to take the double banjo from the right front caliper and use it at the resevoir.. put the one from the resevoir on the caliper and so forth..

It was gonna work.. and I was about to do it when I decided to try the ones that came with it one more time...

I put it to the hole.. and twisted... damn thing tightened completely up with just finger pressure... about then I was feeling stupid and started checking the others.

Galfer did send me one wrong bolt... with the clutch kit... but the others were all correct..
blush.gif

I just compared (the wrong one) it to the stock ones and for whatever reason my mind went.. well hell.. all of these are wrong!!! I just gave it up for the night... I feel stooopit!

hehe,, i'm almost too embarrased to reply to galfers reply to my email that I know I'll get monday morning.

in my defence... 1 bolt is wrong and needs to be exchanged.. but it's no big deal.. it's on the clutch line... and I just used the factory bolt in it's place.

Anyway.. everything installed, and bled... and test driven for a few miles.

WOW!... thats an amazing difference for such a small change in the mechanics.

I didn't change the brake pads because I wanted to see what only the lines being changed made in the performance.. and I must say initial feedback from the bike is superb.. Well worth the $160 for all the lines.

I could panic stop with 1 finger now I'm sure of it. The rear brake also has no "squishy" feel to it at all like it always has.

Can't tell a bit-o-difference in the clutch.. but I didn't really expect it. I just changed it cuz it woulda looked funny have SS on one side and rubber on the other.

I'm almost obsessive about bleeding my brake lines.. The brakes always feel better after ya do it.

I had just done the about 1 month prior to replacing the lines .. normally I can't tell much diff from just bleeding the lines after a month so I don't think that had much to do with it.

I would NEVER have believed changing the lines would make the brake system feel completely different.. but it honestly does. I'm gonna really take a ride tomorrow (try out my new leathers, new wheel bearings, and new heavier weight oil in the damper) and I'll report back if it's anything less than what I've already said.

it's almost like everybody is ignoring my posts..

well fine!! I don't like you either.
tounge.gif

Here it is.. you missed your one chance to see ego do something dumb and you didn't even read the thread.

You will rue this day!...

. .

.. Well go on...

Start Rue-ing!

Stop bashing yourself ego-maniac. It was an honest mistake. I'm just glad that you got it all sorted out.
cool.gif

Ok Ima Rue-ing now. Oh wait that was yesterday, it 1220 am now. Guess I'll have to stop Rue-ing. And I was so enjoying it.....
tounge.gif

och..

I was going to take the double banjo from the right front caliper and use it at the resevoir.. put the one from the resevoir on the caliper and so forth..

It was gonna work.. and I was about to do it when I decided to try the ones that came with it one more time...  

I put it to the hole.. and twisted...  damn thing tightened completely up with just finger pressure... about then I was feeling stupid and started checking the others.

Galfer did send me one wrong bolt... with the clutch kit...  but the others were all correct..
blush.gif

I just compared (the wrong one) it to the stock ones and for whatever reason my mind went.. well hell.. all of these are wrong!!! I just gave it up for the night... I feel stooopit!

hehe,, i'm almost too embarrased to reply to galfers reply to my email that I know I'll get monday morning.

in my defence... 1 bolt is wrong and needs to be exchanged.. but it's no big deal.. it's on the clutch line... and I just used the factory bolt in it's place.

I didn't change the brake pads because I wanted to see what only the lines being changed made in the performance.. and I must say initial feedback from the bike is superb.. Well worth the $160 for all the lines.

I could panic stop with 1 finger now I'm sure of it.   The rear brake also has no "squishy" feel to it at all like it always has.

Can't tell a bit-o-difference in the clutch.. but I didn't really expect it. I just changed it cuz it woulda looked funny have SS on one side and rubber on the other.

I'm almost obsessive about bleeding my brake lines..  The brakes always feel better after ya do it.

I had just done the about 1 month prior to replacing the lines .. normally I can't tell much diff from just bleeding the lines after a month so I don't think that had much to do with it.

I would NEVER have believed changing the lines would make the brake system feel completely different.. but it honestly does.  I'm gonna really take a ride tomorrow (try out my new leathers, new wheel bearings, and new heavier weight oil in the damper) and I'll report back if it's anything less than what I've already said.
How did you install your brake lines. Specifically the rear brake lines.

Good info Ego-man, This is a mod that I've been procrastinating on, maybe I could get a deal at this weekends motorcycle show in Long Beach...

Just ordered up my Galfer SS lines (4 line system) & Pazzo Levers. Anyone have a step by step walk through on doing this project? I would appreciate any help on this....Photos would be cool. Am I asking too much, Most likely, but never hurts to ask for a step by step walk through on this project, becuase the other step by step posts on this board have been a complete life saver to me in the past.
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

och..

I put it to the hole.. and twisted...  damn thing tightened completely up with just finger pressure... about then I was feeling stupid and started checking the others.

Galfer did send me one wrong bolt... with the clutch kit...  but the others were all correct..
blush.gif

I could panic stop with 1 finger now I'm sure of it.   The rear brake also has no "squishy" feel to it at all like it always has.

I'm almost obsessive about bleeding my brake lines..  The brakes always feel better after ya do it.

I would NEVER have believed changing the lines would make the brake system feel completely different.. but it honestly does.  I'm gonna really take a ride tomorrow (try out my new leathers, new wheel bearings, and new heavier weight oil in the damper) and I'll report back if it's anything less than what I've already said.
How did you install your brake lines. Specifically the rear brake lines.
sorry I missed the question cuffey..

better late than never I suppose. basically it follows the same line that the OEm line did.. just removed that rubber do-hicky from the inside of the swingarm and put it thru that hole.

I keep meaning to get a piece of bigger rubber hose and put it there to keep the swing arm thing from rubbing on it.. pretty sharp edges.. but they are stainless lines so.?

and yes.. it's worth the money.

Back