TRE

tallsup

Registered
Ok I have been told that the TRE does nothing but hurt the performance is this true or false also can I just take it out and not worry about the map. could some body clear this up for me, thanks

poke.gif

If you want a quick/cheap TRE try a 6.8k resistor ont the GPS wire going to the ECM and see if you like it. If you dont then just throw it away and take a loss on about $.06

my tre slows me down also.... the apples sure taste good on a long ride though.
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121251934 -->

I have never been to the track in my life... so I would not be able to comment about that part.

But, I have Ivan's smart TRE on Elenor... and it sure has improved the response of the bike at lower RPM's!! The throtle used to be slightly jerky... but that got sorted out once I loaded quasar's custom map onmy busa!!

The TRE was well worth the money for me. Much smoother throttle response and smoother running engine in the lower gearsl.

why do you want a TRE? Is it because you hear everyone talking about it or is there a realistic reason?

Answering what you asked:

TRE = timing retard eliminator

A stock bus as 5 ignition maps for gears 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 + 6
Fifth gear has a more aggressive timing response. The smart TRE uses only the 5+6 gear map so the response is quicker in all gears. It also lies to the bike and tells it it is in 5th when it is in 6th and thereby bypasses the speed restriction of 184mph. The smart part is that it uses a neutral map when it is in neutral so that it doesn't backfire and such from the advanced 5+6 gear timing.

The net result is faster accelleration and no speed restriction.
Why it adversely affects 1/4 mile times is a mystery to me. Perhaps the rear wheel is more prone to spin.

Fifth gear has a more aggressive timing response. The smart TRE uses only the 5+6 gear map so the response is quicker in all gears. It also lies to the bike and tells it it is in 5th when it is in 6th and thereby bypasses the speed restriction of 184mph. The smart part is that it uses a neutral map when it is in neutral so that it doesn't backfire and such from the advanced 5+6 gear timing.

Why it adversely affects 1/4 mile times is a mystery to me. Perhaps the rear wheel is more prone to spin.
nice try but.
it makes you slower at the track by being to rich in 1-4 gears.( this is also why SOME say they feel it makes the bike smoother)not timing
the holy grail of timing you are searching for is under 4k after that the are full advance.
and you don't need a tre to go faster than 186

Johnny> so what would you need to do with a N/A engine to get over the top speed restriction?

nice try but.
it makes you slower at the track by being to rich in 1-4 gears.( this is also why SOME say they feel it makes the bike smoother)not timing
the holy grail of timing you are searching for is under 4k after that the are full advance.
and  you don't need a tre  to go faster than 186
So, you are saying that by changing the ignition mapping you are also changing the fuel/air ratio? If that gets too rich, then I can see why a bike would run slower. But I don't get the connection between the ignition map and the fuel mixture.

Strange that this is the first post I got to when I logged on. I was actually thinking on the way home of taking my TRE back out.
Perhaps it is just my bike in particular that has a problem, or the TRE I have is not quite right. But, I have yet to really see a difference with it in or out. I installed it right after her 600 mile mark, and have never gotten the claimed quicker acceleration or power.
If anything, I think Johnny Cheese comment about the richness may be holding mine back. They have said for years at the track that "Leaner is Meaner". I definately do not want to run around rich all the time. In fact....I am seriously contemplating having my 2004 gone through completely in search of some bizarre problem. I have owned some very nasty bikes through the years, and have to admit that I don't believe my Hayabusa to be all that "Bad". Sad but true.

Yes, it works. The primary purpose of the TRE is to remove the top speed limiter, and it does. I have personally tested it. Without the TRE my busa only went up to 10,500 RPMs in 6th gear. With the TRE on, I went to around 10,800. As for 1/4 mile times, I'm not sure. I got the TRE to go past 186 mph, and I did
cool.gif

Yes, it works. The primary purpose of the TRE is to remove the top speed limiter, and it does. I have personally tested it. Without the TRE my busa only went up to 10,500 RPMs in 6th gear. With the TRE on, I went to around 10,800. As for 1/4 mile times, I'm not sure. I got the TRE to go past 186 mph, and I did
cool.gif
andyet I have a mod thast is not like a tre that will let you go over 186 andnot f with your maps o timing

Back