Scorpio  Installed

nitrousjunkie

60 Years Young And Still On A Busa!
Donating Member
Registered
Got my scorpio last night,10 days from ordering, shipped international,I was impressed! Ice's tutorial was right on the money,this was one of the easiest mods I've done.You do have to experiment a little with antenna placement,but thats about the only issue I had with the install.Many thanks to Members that put together the group buy,and Ice you are the man! NJ.

I routed my antennae backwards along the left side of the bike to the rear. It reached nearly to the tail light and it seems to work just fine.

--Wag--

Nice thing is, with the proximity sensor, it protects my bike AND the wiff's bike.

I'm thinking of getting a cable to lock up the two together when they're parked out in public.

--Wag--

GLAD I COULD HELP SOMEONE. Did you use the "ORANGE/WHITE" wire and did you test the anti hijack feature by starting the bike and pressing the button on the remote. SHould kill the bike

jd

GLAD I COULD HELP SOMEONE. Did you use the "ORANGE/WHITE" wire and did you test the anti hijack feature by starting the bike and pressing the button on the remote. SHould kill the bike

jd
Sure did Ice, if someone actually got the bike started, would the fuel pump be a better option for the highjack feature?

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136559939 -->

I tried that route and it didnt seem to work as well as the orange/white. It's an instand kill "down the road". Far enuff for yu to catch up and hand out some whoopasss or at least recover the bike. The anti hijack is great if it's jacked at the light. Just dont leave the key fob on the same key ring as the key.

JD

I tried that route and it didnt seem to work as well as the orange/white.  It's an instand kill "down the road".  Far enuff for yu to catch up and hand out some whoopasss or at least recover the bike.  The anti hijack is great if it's jacked at the light.  Just dont leave the key fob on the same key ring as the key.

JD
Thanks Ice,I'll leave it the way it is.NJ.

I am confused why everyone is using the orange white wire? Shouldn't you use the red or orange wire from the ignition switch? Or the ground leg on the switch orange/ yellow to black/white. The orange white wire is from the starter button which when hit connects to the yellow green and turns the starter?
Maybe I am confused but check out pages 7-39 and 8-16 from the service manual.
I will probably be testing this tonight by pulling the fuse from the red to orange wire and putting the igition killer in its place.

I just got my scorpio today. Need a bit of help with the installation.  I did get all the options with this alarm, like Alarm anti-hijack kit and Suzuki pulg ins. They, "Aritronixs" shipped it to me here in CT in three days. I heard someone here posted a complete set of installation directions and tips but i cant seem to find them?

<!--EDIT|Bigger-Busa
Reason for Edit: "tired"|1130975201 -->

I'm lazy. Could you guys (Iceman) tell me where to find the wire (Orange/White) you used for the kill feature. I don't want to cut the wrong wire the first time.

Thanks,
David

<!--EDIT|Goldwanger
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130976348 -->

see my install instructions, there is a pic of the wire I used and a note to use the orange/white. It's just to the left of where I cut.

jD

Thanks so much Iceman for the detailed directions! I will do the installation today and take some pix of my install-experence. Ever since i put the huge 300 tire on 'er i got way too much attention and felt like it was just a matter of time before someone wanted to borrow the bike without permission! LOL

<!--EDIT|Bigger-Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136253751 -->

haya_newpipes800.jpg

Do not cut any main control box wires, the best way is to call scorpio phone number and call the tech info installation. They will tell you a easy way of tapping for the kill feature intead of the one in the instruction, or any other wiring questions. Takes about a 5 min phone call and youll thank yourself for it.

This alarm is one of the best things ive done to the Busa! EZ to install, works great. I just love it! the scooter seems to get a little tooo much attention now...

haya_backdoor2_800.jpg

At my age i need all the help i can get so i made a little cheat sheet to keep in my wallet for quick access to the codes for various alarm operations.

#1 <span style='color:green'>Arm</span>
#2 <span style='color:red'>Disarm</span>
#3 <span style='color:darkblue'>Arm WITHOUT perimeter</span>
1+3 Arm WITHOUT Siren "Page only"
2+3 Arm WITHOUT Siren OR Perimeter "Page only"
#3 <span style='color:orangered'>Panic (When system is armed)</span>
<span style='color:red'>>>1+2 Anti-Hijack! (While engin is running)<<</span>
To Lock buttons #4 for 2 seconds
Programming mode: #4 twice
#4 repeatedly to scroll
#1 to select icon
#3 to exit without saving
#4 to save

I printed this out on a small, business card sized paper and laminated it for my wallet. i use it very often and it sure helped me out on many occassions. i hope this may help you as well.

Back