power commander..worth it?

wickedsprint

Registered
Is it worth it if you still have stock exhaust, this may sound silly, but I want to keep this thing real quiet, likely for now just doing a TRE and maybe a K&N and a PC if it needs it.

WHY ARE YOU WORRIED ABOUT KEEPING IT QUIET??? IF YOU WANT TO GET THE BUSA TO DO ALL IT CAN BUY AN EXHAUST TO FIT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO!!! HINDLE MAKES ONE THAT WILL GIVE YOU SOME POWER, YET IT IS VERY "QUIET" UNLESS YOU ARE REALLY RIPPING ON IT OTHER MAKERS MAKE A WHOLE GAMMUT OF PIPES TO FIT WHATEVER YOU ARE LOOKING FOR YOU DONT NEED A PC UNLESS YOU ARE GOING TO START DOING SOME REAL MODS TO THE BIKE THE TRE WILL DO WHAT YOU WANT IT TO AND THE K&N WILL HAVE NOT MUCH AFFECT ON THE OVERALL PERFORMANCE OF THE BIKE, JUST A LITTLE BETTER THAN STOCK!!! SO FIGURE OUT WHAT YOU WANT TO DO AND MATCH ALL THE PARTS ACCORDINGLY!!!

I kinda wanna keep it quiet as to not alert everyone in the free world when I am on it, my last VMAX was like "look at me" evry time you twisted the throttle (kerker 4-1), and it drew a bit too much attention from cops.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119922276 -->

I figure my elevation should help me a bit right now since I am at 6100 feet above sea level. Just ordered the smart TRE from Ivans, hopefully it cures the abruptness after a closed throttle I notice after compression braking into a turn, then needing to feed some throttle in.

<!--EDIT|wickedsprint
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119930335 -->

totally worth it... you can gain some ponies just by getting a decent map for the commander and still keeping a stock bike.

Wouldn't be worth it to me, but its up to you.  To gain anything at all you'll need to buy a PC $250+ plus get it a custom map done on a dyno  $200ish  depends who you know.  A baseline map from PCs website isn't going to be enough to get you any gains...

Is it worth spending that kind of money for a gain you'll never feel or notice??

As for the TRE, only get it if you want to exceed 186mph. The off idle jerk, some people say TRE gets rid of it some say it doesn't. Me, I just got used to it, its all in the wrist....

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119957767 -->

buy the pc from johnny cheese and he'll load his custom "slip-on" map in it and it should gain you a bit... plus a great price on the pc.

I figure my elevation should help me a bit right now since I am at 6100 feet above sea level. Just ordered the smart TRE from Ivans, hopefully it cures the abruptness after a closed throttle I notice after compression braking into a turn, then needing to feed some throttle in.
I'm at 5500 feet up and the tre hurt the throttle response on my 04 LE bigtime...made the throttle wayy more abrupt...and gave it a stumble at cruising speed. I'm curious to know what it does for you. When I get down to sea level I may try it again.

I will let you know, it arrived in the mail yesterday, but one of the plugs was shattered, so I am gonna call them and see if they will send me just a plug since they snap out pretty easy.

Really? My bike wouldn't run richer than most due to my altitude? Does the injection compensate pretty well for this?
you need to understand what stuff does. the altitdue only effect why you have no power the A/F stays the same if you are at sealevel or 6K up that is why a PC3 is nice it doesn't change the ecu just the injector pulse. the TRE changes the ECU

buy the pc from johnny cheese and he'll load his custom "slip-on" map in it and it should gain you a bit... plus a great price on the pc.
Is that map okay for a stock 'Busa? If so, watch for a PM from me JC
biggrin.gif

I'm in the same boat as wicked. I'm not new to bikes but I am new to modifications.

Back