Tank bags

GD4GVN

05 Blue & Silver
Donating Member
Registered
I am interested in getting one of the magnetic tank bags to use for my daily round trip to work, about 120 miles. I am wondering if any one has any oppinions on which one would be good. I do not need anything huge as I said I am looking for something to hold some stuff for my daily commute.

<!--EDIT|GD4GVN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118824195 -->

I have three or four tank bags and I use them everyday. My current favorite bag is the ICON urban. I paid about 75 dollars for it and it works well. No problems at up to 150....
Let me know if you want more info.

I have had joe rocket, tourmaster both were good. but have looked at oxford sports luggage think it would be a good pick.link

<!--EDIT|id_gunnut
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118858264 -->

Thanks for your help guys.
smile.gif

I've got a Tourmaster and an Icon . The tourmaster has sat since getting the Icon . It has much more room and doubles as a back pack .

I have a Joe Rocket Velocity which is quite large, magnetic and has a map window...

c2d08df4.jpg

For just carrying odd & sods I use a Joe Rocket Manta...

6b6a2224.jpg

It has a cell phone pouch and separate compartment to carry its own rain cover (you can remove the rain cover and use that pouch for small items.  This tank bag is great for when I wear my leathers and have no pockets.  I carry my: house keys; wallet; garage door opener; gas coupon book; spare earplugs and whatever else in it.

I have a Joe Rocket Velocity which is quite large, magnetic and has a map window...

c2d08df4.jpg

For just carrying odd & sods I use a Joe Rocket Manta...

6b6a2224.jpg

It has a cell phone pouch and separate compartment to carry its own rain cover (you can remove the rain cover and use that pouch for small items.  This tank bag is great for when I wear my leathers and have no pockets.  I carry my: house keys; wallet; garage door opener; gas coupon book; spare earplugs and whatever else in it.
How big is the main pocket on the manta bag hardware? It seems kinda small, but I like the style of it.

Back