RACE GAS

hayabusa_83

Registered
i was filling up at the sunoco, where i live, and looked over and saw the mini-station for sunoco race fuel, can this be used in a pretty much stock motor? all i have now is yoshi slip-ons.... could it hurt? could it run better? respond! thanx!
Brian~

For your use, it will prob be a waste of money. A stock bike will make more power on 87 octane than on 93. I have run "race fuel" (103 octane) at the track before and couldn't feel a diff for the 5 bucks a gallon i paid. It won't hurt anything as long as you don't let it sit in the tank for too long (possibility of hurting the seals or the fuel pump, more info available on the net for details). Try it and see if you like it, I won't run it again since i didn't feel a diff.

For your use, it will prob be a waste of money.  A stock bike will make more power on 87 octane than on 93.  I have run "race fuel" (103 octane) at the track before and couldn't feel a diff for the 5 bucks a gallon i paid.  It won't hurt anything as long as you don't let it sit in the tank for too long (possibility of hurting the seals or the fuel pump, more info available on the net for details).  Try it and see if you like it, I won't run it again since i didn't feel a diff.
Yup what he said.

Your engine was tuned for 87....if you run RACE gas it will make less horsepower
wink.gif

Back