QUICK.... Front sprocket nut size

pure_ego

enzyme of hypoverbage
Donating Member
Registered
Don't have anything that big.. wifey is going to Lowes to pick one up..

looking at microfiche it appears to a be 20mm..

is that right?

when I measure it it looks more like a 27-30mm...

anybody know?

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118044876 -->

dude without removing my covers, my guess is 22. could be wrong tho..... sorry.
sad.gif

I checked the service manual but can't find it anywhere. Sorry bout that. I would guess it is closer to the 27-30 measurement you mention though.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118045152 -->

yup.. biggest thing lowes had was a 30mm..

gonna ride it to work tomorrow... they got all the way up to like 50mm there.. haha.

Plus I'll have an air gun.. much easier.

thanks though

For the record... a 1" 1/4" standard sized socket works perfectly.

i don't see how any of you guys got that mofo off without a impact gun.. i really don't.

unbelievable how much torque is on there.

Anyway.. take care.

i don't see how any of you guys got that mofo off without a impact gun.. i really don't.

Anyway.. take care.
big pry bar wrapped in a towel put thru the rear wheel, snug against the swingarm....

1/2" drive breaker bar on socket.... and lots of experience at breaking bolts loose without bustin a knuckle or wrist.

Damn...What big nuts Busa's have
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118245977 -->

Anyway.. take care.
I agree very much....Fits perfect no slack and won't strip the nut

Anyway.. take care.
big pry bar wrapped in a towel put thru the rear wheel, snug against the swingarm....

1/2" drive breaker bar on socket.... and lots of experience at breaking bolts loose without bustin a knuckle or wrist.
If you loosen the nut before you take the tension off the chain, just have someone hold the rear brake down and then brake it loose.

Don't ever just leave it gear and use an impact gun....you could damage the transmission.

hehe.. i tried what your suggesting... it just turn the wheel.. and the helper was basically standing on the rear brake to the point he was worried about breaking the lever...

Back