pair block-off

cache

Banned
so, kick me, burn me at the steaks, etc..

but I have not removed my pair valve setup yet. 3yrs I've had my bus.

I don't want to pay 30 bucks for 4 pieces of metal with no gaskets like ive seen on ebay, so who can hook a busa brother up?

who has a kit or set or whatever they can send me... I'll pay for them. I'd just rather buy from here.

cut tubes close to the head

cut out 4 pieces of sheet metal

slip the pieces between the cut tubes

and re tighten the tubes

Mine have been that way for 2 years.

then put pair in the big round file and take 2+ pounds off yer drag racin machine.

hav a lighter 1.... as long as its not a beer. RSD.

i've posted this before.. but I'll do it once more.. haha

take all your pair valve junk off...

snip the metal hoses about 1/2 inch back of the little mounting bracket thing that screws into the block over the headers..

grind the rest of the hose off smooth

find somebody that can weld.. or has a welder anyway.. doesn't take much talent to do this.

put a touch of weld into each hole.. go back and grind it down smooth.. make some gaskets out of gasket paper.. or you could use some liquid gasket I suppose... put em' back on and your done.. costs you about $1 and about 30 minutes of work.

if you really wanna get fancy paint 'em black and let dry before you re-install.

or rubbahs way would work too.. a bit easier too.. I think my way was cooler though cuz you get to weld, and grind something!

I know a welder... he goes by the initials J.B.
laugh.gif

Cache, in the process of making several sets, I'll send you one ASAP! NJ.:)

Cache,

I have a set that I'll send you NO CHARGE if you let me know where you want them mailed to!

Kent

okay guys, if I get more than one set, the extras will be sold on ebay, with proceeds going to the originating sender.

YOUR THE BEST!

p.s. dont ship expensive, since it wont get here til next week anyway!

yah, they are aluminum.. i got the guys at the body shop where I work to do it.. I'm not up on welding/tig-ing or whatnot.. i just know it took em' like two seconds to plug the holes and took me about another 30 seconds to smooth it all back down.

Is a pair valve removal only if you fit non factory exhausts . And is it neccessary to have it with standard pipes ..?

dont think you need them for stock exhaust either. it just introduces fresh air into the exhaust for cleaner emissions..

Is a pair valve removal only if you fit non factory exhausts . And is it neccessary to have it with standard pipes ..?
The pair valve introduces clean air into the exhaust and is there for emissions only. It is removed to stop backfiring when adding an aftermarket exhaust but could probably be removed anyway. You could save two pounds of weight by removing it.

The pair valve introduces clean air into the exhaust and is there for emissions only. It is removed to stop backfiring when adding an aftermarket exhaust but could probably be removed anyway. You could save two pounds of weight by removing it.
I think I see a little saturday job coming up soon .thanks Krieg

Back