how did i screw up a TRE install?!?!!

AZIROC

Registered
ok, got my TRE, installed it, now when i start the bike, the FI light is on, FI is flashing on the top screen and when i give the biek any gas.. it dies. how did i screw up this install?

might be the tre. Some bikes run better some worse
wink.gif

You probably plugged into the wrong three position plug. Find the other one and I bet it works fine!
smile.gif

You probably plugged into the wrong three position plug. Find the other one and I bet it works fine!
smile.gif
wrong plug, i have seen this done before, the plug sould be on the left side just infront of the rear tank mount. I believe that one of the wires should be pink but don't quote me. Easy test to see if the install is correct:

run rmp to approx 2-2200 in neutral, pull in the clutch. RPM should drop, release the clutch and the RPM will return to normal.

Good luck

smile.gif
yup..there are two...a few of the TREs even mention the FI light error.
follow the cable that exits the top of the lower case on the right, just behind the clutch basket. Tranny is just under there... that's how I found mine...since it's supposed to alter the GPS reading...it just made sense to start with that one.

Back