PCIIIUSB, Install now or wait

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
I have a PCIIIUSB on the way right now and I have a the HMF Dual High Mount Full System ordered and should receive it in the next 2 weeks. The question is, would it do any good to install the PC now or just wait and do all at once. If I install it now is there a map that will improve performance or will it make no difference. I am like a kid in a candy store right now. Anticipation is killing me. What would you guys do. Take it out and play with it now. Or practice abstinance and wait until the time is right.

Thanks in advance,
David
Also thanks to nitrousjunkie for the info yesterday.

slap it in there and get acquainted with it...just use one of the "stock maps" for now....changing already built maps is a snap.

but you can install the powercommander, and go and install a map that closest resembles your bike configuration....

Take it out and install it, get used to the program that it comes with... It may cause a little loss of power without a good map but you can get the hang of what makes a differance. I always "feel" a boost in power when i add anything to the bike (my sport touring windscreed added 45 HP..... haha) so have some fun.

Heck yes put it on. I noticed a lot better throttle responce from mine when I was running the PC on my stock setup.

I put mine on before I got EVOED and It made a difference get ready for the front wheel to lift at like 7,000
wink.gif

No harm in installing it before you get the exhaust system!! Just make sure that you load up the "stock" map on to the PC3 ... It wont make you gain any power, no actual advantage as such... but it sure will make the enine note smoother
biggrin.gif

Back