locktight and torque specs

derrick1300r

Registered
i am currently in the prossess of putting my front and rear sprockets back on and was wondering exactly where i need to use locktight and how much? 2nd are there any torque specs for the front and rear sprockets? if so is there someone who can help me out with this info please.
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

I don't think you need loctite on the sprocket stuff first of all...

Anyone have a link to the service manual you can send this newbie for torque specs...?

By the way... Welcome...
biggrin.gif

Damn that was my 1000th post...! Without post whoring or becoming a donating member... hahahhaha
biggrin.gif
####... You know I will hook you up Cache as soon as I have some extra scrill...
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117781682 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I have the service manual, but not a link any more as I downloaded it to my rig. So, being the good busa owner I am, I looked it all up for ya.....

Per the service manual:

Rear sprocket: no loctite, 43.5lb-ft
Rear Brake disk: thread lock 1360, 25.5lbft (didn't know if you needed this)
Rear axle nut: no loctite, 72.5lb-ft
Front sprocket: thread lock 1342 on shaft threads, 105lbft
speed sensor rotor bolt: thread lock 1342, 13lb-ft

AT 180
rock.gif
? locktite everything!!! think of the rotating mass, sprockets are zinging at high speeds....manual says red locktite. Doesn't take much, just a drop or two. Torque EVERYTHING according to the manual. If nothing else, just go into the shop manual (sticky pinned) and print off the torque specs page. Be especially careful with the speed sensor, they have a history of coming loose and will bust your case up. If you're going to work on your own bike, buy not only a good ft/lb torque wrench, but also an in/lb wrench as well. NOT a wrench from china, this is where you need to spend the money and get a good tool....craftsman is good and usually on sale. I even torque the oil plug after an oil change....

AT 180
rock.gif
? locktite everything!!! think of the rotating mass, sprockets are zinging at high speeds....manual says red locktite. Doesn't take much, just a drop or two. Torque EVERYTHING according to the manual. If nothing else, just go into the shop manual (sticky pinned) and print off the torque specs page. Be especially careful with the speed sensor, they have a history of coming loose and will bust your case up. If you're going to work on your own bike, buy not only a good ft/lb torque wrench, but also an in/lb wrench as well. NOT a wrench from china, this is where you need to spend the money and get a good tool....craftsman is good and usually on sale. I even torque the oil plug after an oil change....
hummm. didn't think you needed loctite on the sprockets... I will keep that in mind for the next change coming up in a few weeks...

ya, both manuals I have say use the red stuff. Better safe than sorry, especially at the speeds we are running. This is an area that can quickly spell disaster when something comes loose....I can't imagine trying to fight a locked up rear wheel at 150+
wow.gif

AT 180
rock.gif
hummm. didn't think you needed loctite on the sprockets... I will keep that in mind for the next change coming up in a few weeks...
Oh yeah....I'm a torque/follow the specs kinda guy myself...with your life riding on it I think you gotta be
wink.gif

Back