Need help, as usual

Devious

Onward through the Fog
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2005 Blue/Silver busa. Man I love this bike. But the endless battle has begun. The more I read and see on this site the more I think I need to do. So far I have installed a ZG Sport Touring Windscreen, Genmar 1 1/4 riser, Busa grips, Hump mod and have the Handy lifts for front and rear. Now I have ordered a PCIIIUSB and a HMF High Mount Dual system. So if any of you guys can give me any pointers on installing both of these I would be forever grateful. Help me understand mapping and getting the most out of the HMF System. Once I am done with the new installs I will post several pictures of my bike.

Thanks in advance,
David

The PC3 takes all of 15 minutes to install, there are tutorials on the web site.The HMF's on the other hand, will take 4-6 hours to do.It will go something like this:

Start by getting your bike up on the stands

Remove the side fairings, seat, tail section, hump, grab bar, cable and lock assembly.

Remove the belly wing

Remove left and right mid-pipes with the mufflers attached, remove the passenger pegs with brackets as one unit.

Remove the one bolt that goes throught the headers right around the X-Pipe

Un-bolt the oil cooler

Tape a piece of cardboard on the inside of the radiator and take it loose

Remove the pair valve now if youre going to, this is the 4 metal tube things that are between the header tubes at the head.Be sure sure you do the complete mod if you remove the pair.

Now remove the header bolts, then the headers, it takes a little wiggling to get them out, but they will come.

Next, assemble your headers, you can do this by compairing the stock ones side by side on the floor.Do not put the springs on yet.Trial fit,getting the headers as close to the oil pan as possible without touching and as far inward as possible. Once you've got the fit good, take them back out and install the springs.reinstall the headers this time with the bolts as well.

I installed my headers with the X-Pipe as one, if you dont, it can be very difficult to assemble under the bike.

Install the mid-pipes

Reinstall the passenger pegs and brackets along with the can brackets

Heres where the time comes in: You have to on some bikes use different shim or washers to get the right placement of the can brackets.Start with the way HMF suggests and reinstall the passenger brackets Along with the can brackets

NOTE: Leave all bolts and nuts looose at this time for adjustment

Unless you get lucky, you will need to use different shims to make both sides even, do this now.

Now start tightening everything from front to rear.

Before you tighten the clamps at the X-Pipe, check your clearance at the swingarm, you may need to twist the mid pipes a bit for the clearance .

Tighten the rest of the clamps and can bolts.

Reinstall the rear section, cable and lock etc

<span style='color:red'>NOTE: DO NOT FORGET THE CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!</span><table style=filter:glow(color=Red)></table>

Reinstall the oil cooler, and radiator and fan assembly

Reinstall the side fairings (with the supplied heat barrier ), seat, belly wing, and hump, and youre done

<span style='color:red'>Another last note before you start it up: Check the clearance everywhere near the plastics, I wrapped my system all the way to the x-pipe and have no melting problems, You should have no problems with melting as long as there are no metal touching plastic, This is a very precise fit, if you have melting, its your fault,if its installed correctly and you use the supplied heat barrier in the described areas, you will have no problems.</span>
Hope this helps! NJ.

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|nitrousjunkie
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117767663 -->

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif