NOS

rrogers1973

Registered
I want to instal a NOS kit on my 03 Busa. What does this all consist of? I only have Full exhaust, TRE, and pair valve removed as of mods now. Will I need a power commander?

I'm not too sure is having NOS with require you to have a Power Commander or not... but I'm pretty sure that you need a PC if you have a full exhaust on your bike, and you want to make the most of it!!

As far as the NOS kit ... well I suggest you have a look at the Brocks or the Schniz site, they deal with NOS kits. You should get a fair amount of information there!!

You will need something to regulate the flow of fuel. You can get a controller for it or if you have a PC you can use that. I would also recommend a PC and a custom map since you have a full system.

You can check out
they have a controller that will auto add fuel whenever the nitrous is being shot. Hit 100% throttle with the system arms it adds the correct amount of fuel, get off the throttle everything goes back to normal.
I have heard a lot of good from his systems.

wet kit NOS I here is the better one but make sure to get it tuned correctly. cost about 700-800 bucks for the wet system.
www.schnitzracing.com

the dry kit is best bang for the buck... and easiest to install.
you will need to get a powercommander(or equivalent) and have a custom map made for the nitrous to keep from meltin your spark plugs off.

IMO the wet system is the only option when talking about NOS. The dry system relies on the ECM to add more fuel when it registers lean (after the NOS is injected). The delay (however small) is potentially damaging. NOT worth the risk for me just to save a couple hundred bucks. Spend the money to do it right and you won't have to wonder if you are having a lean condition. I have blown a V8 with too much NOS and not enough fuel, expensive mistake. If you decide to get NOS try a 40 shot and see how you like it, the speed shops here don't recommend anything over a 60 shot for a stock internal motor. Also you can look into a NOS controller, i think that Schnitz makes one, it may help.

Back