Seaking Corbin info

ZeframZuk

Registered
I’m interested in hearing from any of you who have a Corbin seat on your Hayabusa. I know that the Tobin seat is a real popular choice, but for reasons that I don’t need to go into here, I’m leaning towards the Corbin.

But the #1 complaint I hear about the Corbin is that they are hard. I talked to Corbin and the guy told me that it takes about 1500 miles of riding to “break it inâ€￾. He said that over time the standard foam found in the stock seat gets compressed and hard, verses their foam, which supposedly gets more comfortable with time.

I don’t know anybody with a Corbin, so I can’t check one out myself. I would like to hear from any of you who have a Corbin. What do you think of it? Is it uncomfortably hard? Is the claim about it breaking in true; does it soften up? Any info you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Several folks here have them. I have a set myself that I bought to have the passenger backrest, but haven't used them at all.

I've had the Corbin seat on the Busa for a couple of years and like the fit and quality. Also have the rear seat and backrest, the only time it goes on is when I take the wife for a ride, she enjoys the extra security the backrest provides.

The only draw back is the outer lip on both sides of the seat. When shifting your body going into a turn you don't slide as smoothly on the seat. I have learned to work around the issue.

I have not posted in awhile because I’ve been deployed off and on for the last three years. Getting ready to leave again next week, this will complete my two years and I should not have to deploy again.

Corbin seats are awesome. They are firm for better comfort, I know that sounds backwards but it works. The seat does become even more comfy after some break in. It is always funny to ride with my buddy's and about 1/2 hour into the trip they are having to stand up on their pegs for some circulation back in the legs and stop their butt from hurting. I never have to do this, I could cruise all day long without any discomfort. It is a little more difficult to swing from side to side when hanging off but you can easily adjust for that. I have the carbon fiber leather front, rear and back rest!
smile.gif

I work for a Harley-Davidson dealer and we sell lots of Corbin seats and our customer rarely complain about the comfort level . I've rode on one for over 8 hours and no complaints but that was on a Harley to Daytona .

I've had Corbins on my last two bikes. It took more than 1500 miles to break the seats in, more like 5000. But, ultimately, they are great seats. Just don't get one with a welt along the sides - they cut into your inner thigh after a while.

Thanks to all for the reply's. I think I'm gonna spring for it and see for myself. Anything has got to be better than the stock seat! Interesting comment about the welt though. I was planning to get that to help emphasize the looks. Have to reconsider that I guess.

Any bike I own has a corbin seat. No rib on the busa seat is good advice. If you are ordering it you can specify colors usually at little or no cost to you. All it does is increase the wait time a week or so. as far as break in is concerned... on the Softail it is just as comfy at 20.000 miles as it was at 50 when I put it on. The Busa seat is the same as well at 3000 miles (6 months old) as it was at 35. I was trying to get a tobin seat for shows and drag racing but can't get a return email for three weeks now. I don't beg anyone to buy something!

It seems to me that, though nice looking, the Tobin would not be a good long-term solution for comfort. Removing a significant amount of the stock padding HAS to leave the remaining portion susceptible to compression hardening over time, wouldn’t it?

The comments about the welts are interesting though. Unless you are riding with shorts (NOT!), I can’t imagine them being a problem. To those of you who commented about that, what is your experience? I was planning to get them. I really wanted the trim look that they give the seat. Now I’m not sure. Please elaborate!

Shorts? I don't think so!

Those welts get uncomfortable on long trips - through heavy jeans. Trust me. I got my seat re-done to lose the welts.

It seems to me that, though nice looking, the Tobin would not be a good long-term solution for comfort.  Removing a significant amount of the stock padding HAS to leave the remaining portion susceptible to compression hardening over time, wouldn’t it?

The comments about the welts are interesting though.  Unless you are riding with shorts (NOT!), I can’t imagine them being a problem.  To those of you who commented about that, what is your experience?  I was planning to get them.  I really wanted the trim look that they give the seat.  Now I’m not sure.  Please elaborate!
You can also ask tobin to do the seats with out taking off the seat paddings... Thats how I have it on Elenor!! I dont have the signature Tobin cut on my seat... its a regular seat with fine tobin workmanship!! And I love it...

I have te cut for the rear seat though... but I hardly use that seat cause I generally have the cowl on
biggrin.gif

Back