Cameras

hayabusa_83

Registered
i love to hit back roads and make top speed runs... it just doesnt look the same when my friend films me flying by @ 190 +. im lookin for a system, hopefully where i can just lock in a digital video camera, and speed away... any help you guys can share?
thanks.
Brian~
rock.gif
1zhelp.gif
race.gif

I have a sony digital camera and a sportbikecam. I got a power-outlet (sig lighter type) to supply power from the battery cause the one on the camera only lasts an hour. Then go to sony and get a power inverter. Rat shack has the external microphone for the camera and you are set.  
smile.gif

I got the SportbikeCam also. Haven't tested it out yet, but from what I said it will be terrific. One of the mods I am having done is to have the DC power placed in the back, so I don't have to worry about runnin' out of juice and a small microphone installed to capture the sound that the video cam doesn't get. No pics, but hopefully soon. Check out this link for some options: <a href="http://www.pashnit.com/more/cameramount.htm">Pashnit Tours<a>.

Sportbikecam is the sheaat! great placement and adjustable, no vibrating picture either!
wink.gif

I have a Sony HandyCam and a mount from http://www.stemstand.com/. It works great as long as I only use new tapes. Once the tape has been use it has a tendency to skip a little under hard acceleration.

plug4.JPG

Don't remember what I paid for my sportbikecam ($80.00 I think) but the base of the mount stays attached to the top of the gas cap ring with longer bolts provided with the kit. You mount the plate to the camera and the plate simply attaches with a knob onto the base when you want to use it. That way you can remove it real easy to take it with you when you make stops. I have the mic and the power cord running out at the front of the tank so I just plug and go.
smile.gif

The SportBikeCam Mount is just a mount for the camera. Just a way to mount the camera to the bike. You have to provide the camera yourself!

Back