So how long CAN you use a full system w/o a pc3?

cbibb

Registered
This is in regards to Furballs post. You guys said it is ok to go for a while with a full system w/ no pc3, but how long is it o.k. to do this. If I go ahead and get a full system it will be a month or two before I can get the pc3. Is that o.k to do with no adverse affects? I will do the pair removal when I put on the full system. Thanks for the help. Chris

I'm going on three years now..

micron full system... removed pair.. no PC.

no problems... the PC squeezes a few extra HP's.. but I don't think its worth $300 ya know.. 5-6 HP for $300... eff that.

of course maybe a bigger gain if you get a professional tuner to do it... I've just never had any problems with the power so I never worried much about it.

What does it take to get the stock computer re-mapped??? And how much cheaper is it than the PC3....still amazed that a lot of people are telling me the PC is not needed even with a full system....How much extra power does it bring with a full sytem + K&N and airbix mod;....

Gonna do mine soon along with the PAIR.....may wait for the airbox mod and PC....

i had hmf dual high mounts ran it till i overboared my motor on the stock PC but i didn;'t have the pari valved removed took it to a dyno place and he ran it said it really don't need a pc or map but if you wana spend the money be my guest so i waited till i did more work to spend the cash nice to have mechanics like that

As for internal damage to the engine, almost nothing to worry about when you run a full exhaust without a PC or remap. If you run too rich you may foul out your plugs more often but wont damage the internals. The main problem is that you are not going to have a good AF mixture and could actually loose HP from the stock config. It will sound and look much better but i noticed a performance drop when i first installed the 4 into 1 system i had. The PC did bring it back to stock or a little more when i downloaded the Dynojet map available on thier site. A custom map pulled out an additional 5 HP (what other mod can get 5HP on a dyno for a couple hundred dollars? money well spent). Hope this will help.

Back