risers vs triple tree

TulBusa

Donating Member
Registered
Please list why you think one is better than the other.  I am using this for lowering the front.  Based on some of my research, it looks as though with the new top tree, it moves the grips out a little, is that correct?  Thanks for you help, Brian

Also list which you have and where you got it, and post a pic too!

<!--EDIT|TulBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117303074 -->

hmmm...nobody has these, what planet am I on?...haha

I just need a little help deciding on which product. Thanks

To lower the bike, you can either use risers(also know as spacers, will also raise the handlebars) or a new top tree. I just want some experiences and/or opinions on which is the best, disregarding price. Thanks

well i have only owend the risers and thats because of the price...35 bucks vs 150 bucks
wink.gif

risers are used to either return the clip-ons back to the original height after using the tripple tree to lower the front end or to raise the clip-ons to a higher than stock height for comfort.
there are spacers....genmar and reaper.....and clip-ons by heli-bar that can adjust the bar positions.

as for the best?...that depends on what you are looking for....heli bars not only give a little rise...but they also move the bars a little forward (about 9 degrees).....
reapers....are the least expensive and work the same way a genmar..just a block type spacing...they also both offer various amount of spacing by the thickness you choose.
the reapers are very light...and genemars can weigh in around 5lbs......so it all depends on what you consider comforatable and what you are trying to accomplish...as well as the look you are trying for.

visit their websites to see pix.

clear as mud?

I have the trac dynamic triple, I love it, I had to get to use my scott stabilizer, i would definitly recommend it. I saw a couple people use the riser, i thought that looked kind of weird.

heres a pic of my spencer cycle black anodized top clamp

Attachments

• triple.pdf
    60.4 KB · Views: 163
yes,about a 1/4 of an inch,no clearence issues with any thing,the first ride i noticed a slight difference but never gave it a thought after that,i think they have them polished or machined also,pmr  makes a nice 1 peice top clamp

<!--EDIT|chevelle
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118185505 -->

Back