LED Mirror Turn Signals

RazoRRBlade

Registered
Check out my latest mod. LED turn signals (in the shape of the Hayabusa Kanji Logo) integrated into the rear view mirrors.
firedevil.gif

Kanji05C.jpg

I have designed and fabricated these myself and have received so many good complements and interest; I have decided to make them available to my Busa brethren.

If you are interested, let me know. Here's the deal:

If you send me your mirrors, I can outfit them for $180.

If you want me to buy the aftermarket EMGO mirrors, I can outfit them for $240 ($180 + cost of mirrors).

If you want me to buy the factory Suzuki mirrors, I can outfit them for $360 ($180 + cost of mirrors).

I've made my first set of samples using the EMGO mirrors and the difference in quality compared to the factory Suzuki mirrors is noticeable.

The aftermarket mirrors have more play in the hinge mechanism and the rubber boot is less flexible. I'd recommend using the factory Suzuki mirrors if possible.

I've even included a quick disconnect inside the rubber boot so that the mirrors can easily be removed for the racing crowd.

Drop me a message if you have any questions or interest.

Keep the rubber side down!

<!--EDIT|RazoRRBlade
Reason for Edit: "Lowered Prices For Busa Brethren"|1080933014 -->

Thanx for the complements! Believe me, they are mezmorizing in person; I just can't get a picture to capture it! It was worth all the time, effort and $$ that I put into them; if you decide that you want a pair, you will not regret it, they are worth every penny...

You have to be careful, though...I ride all day & night with my blinkers on and a glazed over look in my eyes...just can't stop looking at them...They are just so F-ing cool!...I'm hoping the newness will wear soon off before I miss a curve and wrap myself around a tree...

So this is a safety feature!?! LOL!

They are a great addition for those of you who have removed their rear turn sigs and have integrated them into the brake light; since it is so hard to see the brake light/turn sig mod...

Later dudez!

Alright damit! If these are what they appear to be, I am VERY interested...Question: If I have painted mirrors, will your installation damage the paint?

I wish the picture were more revealing.

Thinker,

What color is the paint; if it is not black, it might be noticeable. I have to break the seal and RTV it back together along the "seam". It blends in very well with the black plastic but the seam may show on a bright color.

Also, the harness runs into the bike inside the rubber boot, so it is very clean and very slick. Very professional looking.

Let me know what other views of which I can send you a picture. This mod is practically unnoticeable until you flick that lil' switch (turn signal).

Let me know if you need any more info...

"Think" about it....

Later, Busa Bro!

That is awesome. My mirrors are painted blue to match the bike. Also, I have the mirror extenders. Would that impact this?

Lighted_Tinted_Turn_2.jpg

Razzorblade, it seems like a good mod to have plus it increases visibility. I am very interested, but just like Thinker my mirrors are painted also and that is a major concern. It would be nice if you could post a picture of a painted mirror with the mod done. Thanks

2_Babes_8_28_03_005.jpg

Thinker, Creeper,

Great looking bikes, guys!
beerchug.gif

I have yet to outfit painted mirrors; I do think that you will see the "seam".  It will not stand out but it can be seen if someone looked for it. I will post a picture of the seam on Monday so you can tell me what you think.

At the moment, I have two ideas for us to consider:

1) Touch up the seam (of your current mirrors) with paint after they are outfited.

2) Outfit stock mirrors and have them repainted after the rework. How much does it cost to have the mirrors painted?

I have concern about Thinker's mirrors because of the Kanji logo. Can you post a pic of the top of your mirror with the logo?

Also, Thinker, you would need to drill a hole in the mirror extender to allow for two wires to be routed inside the bike (this might be difficult because they look very thick!)

Creeper, How close is Mauldin to Charlotte?

Don't worry, bros; we'll figure out a way to make it happen!

I live for this Sht!  
firedevil.gif

I'ld be willing bring my "painted" mirrors down to charlotte and let you install the set-up and then we can take pictures of the mirrors and the seems. I want even charge you for it... Maybe I'll even work out a deal with you and pay you a lil something something .....
biggrin.gif

Hey i had to try to get the "I'll help with promotions discount since i'm in the charlotte area"

Thinker,

What color is the paint; if it is not black, it might be noticeable. I have to break the seal and RTV it back together along the "seam". It blends in very well with the black plastic but the seam may show on a bright color.

Also, the harness runs into the bike inside the rubber boot, so it is very clean and very slick. Very professional looking.

Let me know what other views of which I can send you a picture. This mod is practically unnoticeable until you flick that lil' switch (turn signal).

Let me know if you need any more info...

"Think" about it....

Later, Busa Bro!
Razor...isn't there a such animal as clear RTV? Perhaps that would work better with painted mirrors. I will be ready to do this in November. What do you think?

Thinker,

There is a clear RTV; we just need to make sure it is an adhesive/silicon RTV. I think clear would be better than black for painted mirrors. I'll check it out; good idea.

Pix of the "seam" on the way; I lent out my camera...

Back