Yoshi cams

hefty01

Registered
Just wondered if you guys would recomend yoshi stage 1 cams and what sort of horsepower gains could be expected . Current mods yoshi tri oval dual outlet system and pc3r also airbox mod loking to do next mod what would you recommend.

From what Ive read they are good for around 10 hp ,some say up to 15 but i theink thats a stretch. Im having them installed along with a akro pipe and pc right now. If you were going to pick only one mod to do next Id do a pipe and dyno tune. Akro , BDE , HMF are good choices. sj

I just installed them on my 2004 blue/black busa and i saw on a FUCHS Dyno 172.8 RWHP.
My config. is: YOSH Tri Oval (Japanese), PCIIIR, Ivans TRE, K&N, Yosh ST1 Cams.

Before the cams i saw on the same dyno 160.8 RWHP with the same config. except the cams.
I think that it is a great gain, and thats the reason i didn't mind paying 1000 Euros.

I just got a set....they will most likely sit on a shelf for quite a while.
I'll let ya know...eventually....lol

2000 Blue and silver: BDE,K&N,Yosh stage 1, Small airbox mob,Stock box map no power comander. a big 178 RWHP well worth it.

Do the intake cam mod. I have a BDE gen 3 two intake cams, degreed cams, PCIIIr and custom map. I made 187.6 rwhp on pump gas.

Do the intake cam mod. I have a BDE gen 3 two intake cams, degreed cams, PCIIIr and custom map. I made 187.6 rwhp on pump gas.
That is insane. Post the dyno sheet please. Mine with a BDE pipe and exhaust cam only made 171 and everyone around here seems to think that was high including my mechanic. That is awsome if it is correct, but is hard to believe. I have seen several others with this done and they always are right at 168 to 170 rwhp. A yosh or web cam setup is usually good for about 175 to 178 but it is hard to get over 180 on motor without a big bore.

as for the original question, i would not waste the money on the yosh cams unless you are going to do other internal mods as well. Drop in a factory intake cam on the exhaust side with a set of APE adjustable sprockets and you can save some money and have nearly as much power. If you are going big bore sometime soon then get the big webb cams.

Added 12 HP with Megacycle 385 cams.......The Busa pulls like a mother at 8000 rpm to red line.......The MC cams are a little more radical than the Yosh cams and a little more $

If i were to install Yosh Stage 1 cams... Does the engine parts like valve springs require an upgrading too? Or is a stock engine capable of holding the 170 to 180 RWHP range without reliability side-effects??
race.gif

i just got on this today and have read some much my brain hurts and very new to all of this. so, please over look my ignorance? i have a 05 with yoshi rs 3 bolt on's, pclll power commander, and a bmc air filter. my bike dyno'd 161.6, i just got a set yoshi cams in today and hope to have them installed by this weekend. my question is should i do a air box mod and a pair valve block off? i really can't find any pictures to help me understand what it looks like? also, i guess i should go with a full exhaust system?

i added a hmf full dual low mout system with the yoshi cams and made 175.5 . i posted it on the dyno board........................???

Back