Whats wrong with?

Fire95Z28

Registered
Ok guys I asked a question a little while ago about D and D exhaust. The reply i got was oh no not D and D. I just want to know what the comparitive differences are. Is the Yosh a "quiet" pipe? I want pipe that I can hear too. A friend of mine has a D and D on a 97 GSXR 750 and the sound is great. I have never heard a sound of D and D on a busa though. Come to think of it I have never heard the sound of a Yosh on a Busa..

Also i want to know more about the large air box mod.

Thanx guys.

I have not heard a D&D on a Busa. But their stuff is known for being loud, very loud.
The last bike I had I called D&D to see what they had to offer, I wanted some more performance, but not a significant amount of noise. The guy at D&D told me all the stuff they had was built to be loud, thats what the majority of owners wanted. I just said no thanks..

You can make just about any pipe loud, my Yosh is loud now that I gutted it, but D & D pipes are just ignorant. I don't mean that in a bad way, they are and always have been, crazy loud.

D and d give you know real performance or weight loss if you go with teh dual pipes and the build quality is shid wont stand up to the elments. After a while that loud azz pipe gets annoying...just ask teh neighbors when your firing it up in the morning. if you going to get a loud pipe get a muzzy...at least you get performance and weight gains out of those, im not sure about build quality though

I have a buddy of mine who has the D&D's on his Busa and they sound marvelous. In my opinion, I don't think that the pipes are obnoxiously loud, but they are raspier than others.

Albeit most everyone wants the higher pitched sound and/or performance. My best suggestion is to get yourself a full exhaust. Trust me.... you will definitely regret getting bolt-ons in the short-run.
wink.gif
And if it's sound and performance, I would definitely go with a Muzzy on the Busa.

i have em on mine but i wish i would have gotten the BDE instead but the D&D do make a bit of noise sometimes its nice though
cool.gif

D&D always gets a bad rap. They are not crazy loud on the busa (not like on a 600). They give a cool low growl. Yes they are louder than some, but, some of you guys make it seem like they are straight pipes!
They also weigh about 1/2 of what the stock ones do (did not actually weigh). As far as quality, I have no complaints. Mine have almost 12,000miles on them and they still look new. No corrosion or pitting anywhere.

P7310056.JPG

I like the look of the D&D and have actually thought of switching from my Microns to the D&D chrome cans....the Microns sounds deep and I do like em, but they are too quiet in my mind....

Well I am gonna go with a full system. Anyone know anything about the Akraprovic systems? I am thinkin bout buying them tomorrow so please a quick answer would be great. As for sound I LOVE LOUD. #### my neighbors. I work nights anyways:D

All I know about the Akrapovic is the price is high as hell....if I were to go with a full system I think I would go with Muzzy....haven't heard a bad thing at all about them....and you can save hundreds of $$$ compared to the Akrapovic....

Back