Proper Lowering

GoofyGuy

Registered
I have searched and see tons of ways to do what I want such as straps, dog bones, triple trees and the such. What is the best way in terms of relaiabilty to drop this monster 2 inches? I want something safe for the bike and for me. Ok so chime it whats the #1 way for both front and back.

there is a guy on sh.org the seals lowering bushings. you an lower .75 1 and 1.25 inches. im getting the 1 inch ones...and they are only 35 bucks

there is a guy on sh.org the seals lowering bushings.  you an lower .75 1 and 1.25 inches.  im getting the 1 inch ones...and they are only 35 bucks
Reaper is his name.
Have a set being shipped today.
smile.gif

Lowering triple tree for the front and dogbones for the back.

now see I ask and I recieve. I recieved 3 way to do it. I know straps are bad so thats easy. So would the shorter forks or the triple tree be best?

now see I ask and I recieve.  I recieved 3 way to do it.  I know straps are bad so thats easy.  So would the shorter forks or the triple tree be best?
Why do you guys keep telling people that straps are bad? It's fine to leave them attatched to the bike on the street, just loosen them up. You are a brake lever and a pull away from totally slammed at all times. there is no quicker or cheaper way to lower the front of your bike, end of story.

now see I ask and I recieve.  I recieved 3 way to do it.  I know straps are bad so thats easy.  So would the shorter forks or the triple tree be best?
Why do you guys keep telling people that straps are bad? It's fine to leave them attatched to the bike on the street, just loosen them up. You are a brake lever and a pull away from totally slammed at all times. there is no quicker or cheaper way to lower the front of your bike, end of story.
Straps are a bad idea for anything but the track. Do not use them on the street.
wink.gif

With that concept you could replace the front forks with solid steel stock, ride it and see how well that goes over.

Brown where saying straps are bad when you tighten them on the street. i have my bike straped all the time but the starp is not engaged so its like i dont have it on. i dont ride around with it tight

Brown where saying straps are bad when you tighten them on the street.  i have my bike straped all the time but the starp is not engaged so its like i dont have it on.  i dont ride around with it tight
Nobody seems to understand this but those of us with straps. see Justin's reply above. It's like he didn't even read my reply. Saying straps are bad for street use is simply NOT true.

Shnitz sells straps at $21 + shipping. I know there may be cheaper.
Reaper sells spacers at $35 shipped.
The strap would also be quicker but I would much rather pay $10 more dollars for something a little more reliable.

Brown where saying straps are bad when you tighten them on the street.  i have my bike straped all the time but the starp is not engaged so its like i dont have it on.  i dont ride around with it tight
Nobody seems to understand this but those of us with straps. see Justin's reply above. It's like he didn't even read my reply. Saying straps are bad for street use is simply NOT true.
If you reread Him's post it says he uses a strap on his bike. But leaves it lose for street riding.
Use whatever works best for you and you feel safest doing.
beerchug.gif

I just want a permanent 1-2 inch drop. I have seen strap used and they just compress the shocks all the time and thats not really what Im looking for Im really interested in a static drop of the whole bike.

If you reread Him's post it says he uses a strap on his bike. But leaves it lose for street riding.
Use whatever works best for you and you feel safest doing.
beerchug.gif
So does mine, that's what I mean. I agree with the idea of safety, and straps are safe, but like yousaid, to each his own.
beerchug.gif
Hell i thought you were talking about leaving it pulled. As for dropping 2 inches up front i wouldnt. Go to sh.org in the venders section. Reaper has a link to his sight and it says the the 1.75 spacers scrape all teh time. So 2 inches is gonna suck if you go over any speed bumps or raised driveways. id just go with teh 1 inch drop.

Hey pipefigher...just ordered my spacers 35 bucks shipped.

beerchug.gif

Back