Gearing ?

C_Henry

Registered
To the best of my knowlage the front is 17 tooth, right ? I've read about guys going to 16 mainly for the track. I went to sprocket speacialties and they recomend 17 and up. They do not even list a 16 tooth for the busa. Help !

16 Front 42 back
Vortex sprockets found just about everywhere.
Good luck, and you won't go wrong with this set-up.
wink.gif

Stock is 17 tooth, but lots go with a 16 for acceleration. Bought mine from <a href="http://www.afamusa.com">AFAM<a>.

i guess they assumed since you were on a busa you wanted top speed so thats probably why they recommended the 17+ sprockets
wink.gif

17-40 is stock?
Thanx.
What's easier to change, front sprocket or rear?
To change the rear, you have to remove the rear wheel. To change the front , you have to remove the left fairing, and the slave cylinder covering the front sprocket. You could just loosen the fairing and move it out of the way....it's easier if it is off.

im new to gearing as well...... ever1 goes 16/42. i realize 16T helps in acceleration....but what does the 42T do? help top speed?

What's the speed ratio as a result of the change!
Somebody has a gear ratio chart posted somewhere on here...I think a good rule of thumb is that a full tooth change on the front is equal to a 7% loss of top end speed and since a 3 or 4 tooth increase on the rear equals 1 on the front the same loss of top end speed...

so is it possible, to change to a 16 Front, but add a high end gear in the rear to keep top speed or even break 200? or doesnt it work like that?
what is the best overall setup, acceleration and top end....? thanx.
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

so is it possible, to change to a 16 Front, but add a high end gear in the rear to keep top speed or even break 200? or doesnt it work like that?
what is the best overall setup, acceleration and top end....? thanx.
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
rock.gif
In theory you could do that but in reality one is canceling the other out...If I give you 2 bucks and you give it back you end up with nothing...You just can't have the best of both worlds...Consider, how many top end runs to you intend to make???How many quick burst can you make???The choice was easy for me...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115808762 -->

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

tru stunnah, the bike already has beautiful top end... i just dont want my BUSA topping out at like 160....and a 750... blow past me.........J/K!
laugh.gif

and by the way... how the #*^$ do you wheelie that thing...when its stretched 6 inches out...... i realize ur boosted, but my N/A bike accelerates fast enough to only keep it up for like 2 or 3 sec (about 1-2 ft off the ground too....)
rock.gif
wow.gif
wink.gif

Back