Brake and clutch line too short!!!!!!!

CATMAN

Registered
<span style='color:red'>Installed the Genmar and then the Heli bars today, but the clutch line and brake lines are too short now. I can re-route the choke cable but both lines need to be longer. Local Suzuki shop has no idea how to help can anyone give me a clue on where to get longer lines?</span>

<!--EDIT|CATMAN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1114536009 -->

smile.gif

http://www.h-e-l.co.uk/
SS coated lines, order whatever length over the factory you want. Go to the two full length front lines and ditch the single with the cross over. I got two full length fronts +1 1/4", clutch +1 1/4", rear brake, all new SS bleed screws, upper banjo bolt bleeder for front, all in Carbon look shipped to my door for under $150. The rear and clutch wont make much difference but will match nicely. The front will make a huge diffference!
smile.gif

smile.gif

Ok got the heli and genmar mounted ok. Found thast if you swap the frame clamps between the brake and clutch line and do some small mods it works without longer lines. Thanks for the help.

i did that last week helibars and 3/4 in genmar risers a little finagling and all is good
biggrin.gif

What about the clearance on the brake cylinders and the windscreen any problems looks like with my Heli bars I dont have much more space left and I too would like to add Genmar 3/4 inch risers,and help is appreciated and how hard is it to mod brake lines:;):

damn...you did the genmars & the heli bars but didn't see that coming?
tounge.gif

both by themselves warn of possuble cable relocation/lengthening

The stock screen as well as a ZG Double Bubble will have clearance problems but a ZG Sport Touring screen j-u-s-t clears them.

Ed

Has anyone used the Genmar X2 with Heli bars which is double the 3/4 inch ,just wanted to know if this mod is possible and I will lengthen the lines but dont know about windscreen clearances ,is it possible to rotate the brake and clutch cylinders to clear
1zhelp.gif
THANKS

<!--EDIT|PsychoJoe
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117341098 -->

Back