Kill Switch

tdogmason

Registered
I am going to install a kill switch on my busa, I was wondering if anyone has completed this, cause of course my switch came with no instructions. It looks pretty straight forward, only two wires to plug in line, one black and one white, Just wondering which ones to replace, Thanks in advance to anyone with any info. Later Tdog

rock.gif

Name is TDog I live in Maryland, have an 04busa blue and grey, have tri oval full yoshi, power commander, filter, and brocks blockoffs, I like to race at buddscreek, friday night midnight maddness, I have to use a kill switch to drag in Maryland, it might not be like that everwhere but a must at MIR... I mostley read the forums here and look at the technical mod's, lost of good information and help. I thought maybe someone had put a kill switch on their ride and could share info with me.

Welcome to the board......

I have not installed a kill switch on a Busa, but you should not have a lot of difficulty with that project.

I think cache said that on many tracks a kill switch isn't required because Busa's have a tip-over switch.

Some tracks let it go mine dose not i installed a Vortex Kill switch on your left side where your fuse block area is you find the Orange wire with a white strip down it thats the one you tap into for a kill switch my switch goes in my steering stem granted i don't know now if i like it there cause i have one of them bars that slid in there also to strap my bike down. granted i made sure the ends i used for the kill switch i could take the kill off and plug the wires together so i don;'t have to run with it either

gauges_triple.jpg

Thanks for all the info, I will check on the tip over switch but I don't think that is going to fly at MIR, hey midnight your bike looks like a jet cockpit (very nice), I am going to try to put the kill switch on this weekend. I will post my process next week, maybe the info could be good for someone on the board.

Nice!
I'm waiting to get my kill switch so I can put it on.
It should be here tomorrow or thursday... I CANT WAIT!!!

Welcome to the board. coming out of the handle bars find the wires that go to the factory kill switch. You should be able to splice into them.

wires.JPG

Thanks JW, that's what I was looking for, this will make my job easy, Great info, fast response, you couldn't ask for anything better. Web sites like this one will make cycle owners become more self sufficient and less dependent on the dealers. Which is a good thing.... Being a sponge on this forum and a VTX forum (my other bike) is my favorite thing, I can't tell you how much I have learned by conversing with other bike owners about mod's, detailed instructions, and do's and don'ts. Keep posting info and I will keep reading and applying. TDOG

thanks i have a thread loaded with pics of it in the general disscusion area might kill your dial up though

Back