Some pics of my slider post accident

him

"THE HAYABUSA STUNT GUY"
Donating Member
Registered
Well i finaly got a chance to look at my slider and i must say im amazed at teh job they did. Not a scracth on my fairng and only a small rub on my peg. Here are some pics. As you can see the bolt got bent towards the top of the head. It takes quite a bit of force to to this.

IMAG0176.JPG

another pic still want those no drill sliders?

IMAG0177.JPG

In this one you can see where the derlin gave way where as somthing like a nice thick piece of aluminum wouldnt have

IMAG0178.JPG

Ive circled the the place where the derlin cracked. Hmmm so what if this force hit on an aluminum slider??? Im not knocking anyones product but just letting you know what kind of abuse sliders take in a crash. Take it or leave it. Aluminum may look cute, and no drill may be easier. How do you think they would have faired? Again this is just for your knowledge

IMAG0179.JPG

Are those the type that you can screw on a tie-down in place of the delrin slider?

I saw the video with your crash, that is amazing that the fairings,(pardon the pun), FAIRED so well.....

No these werent tie downs just 1.75" derlin sliders.

Thanks for the picts. Now I'm really thinking of putting the sliders on. Not doing any good still in the box in my living room. Just have to get over drlling the plastic!

Thanks for the picts. Now I'm really thinking of putting the sliders on. Not doing any good still in the box in my living room. Just have to get over drlling the plastic!
The earlier you put frame sliders on your bike the better.... they are really worth the plastic drilling
smile.gif

bump saw more slider questions wanted folks to see what damage they take so your plastics dont

This was after the loop and not the highside

so those were derlin sliders. Can you help a rider out with the exact ones you used. I missed the video and bike pics. Links are my friend. I have had mine a year now and now its time to put some time and effort into personalization.

Damn thougt everyone saw the vid. Check in teh 1/4 mile section it should be there. The ones i used were cheapos from ebay 23 bucks but my recent crash was on some vortex sliders. thing with vortexs is you just replace the puck on the first set i had to replace everything.

And the camera...if you dont know im one of the brokest busa owners on here so i buy economy. That my friend is footage from a 3.1 megapixel vivtar camera 80 bucks from ebay
wink.gif

Back