Mods and fuel consumption?????

Pop

Prairie Rider
Donating Member
Registered
Ok guys tese are my mods. My question is how will these affect my fuel consumtion...any guesses?

--Yoshimura Exhaust Oval RS-3 stainless steel 4 into 1 Race Full System.
--TRE
--K&N Filter
--Pair valve job
--Power Commander USB III---with custom mapping for all aforementioned mods

BTW any guesses to what the HP gain might be?
rock.gif

Hi Pop,

I'm pretty sure your fuel consumption will go up (miles per gallon will be less) for the following reasons:

a) you have modified your bike to flow more air. In order to keep the air/fuel ratio correct, your tuner most likely added more gas, hence, more gas gets used.

b) with the newly found horsepower, you will most likely be twisting the fun handle more vigorously, and more often! (I know I do)

HP gains? no clue....

Have a good one!

Well....

I have the same mods as you do to a tee... When I did all the mods and loaded the duplex exhaust map, my fuel consumption went way down... After I started tuning it and getting the right air/fuel mixture, the gas mileage went back up to above 40 and I have more power too
biggrin.gif

You are going to loose some gas mileage over all, after all, you are giving more air flow and more fuel, so of course gas mileage will suffer, but not enough to really complain that is for sure....

i have simmilar mods,except bmc and smallbox mod,and i agree 40 mpg is possible on a easy ride,and i would say mid to high 160's on hp

I had just about all the same mods that you listed, but using the PC-2 on my 2001
Power was at 155.3 std hp with the mods
Before the mods, I was at 149.8 std hp
And after the Brock pipe, jumped to 161.7 std hp

I think the fuel economy dropped around 3-4 mpg, but most if not all of that was me cause I liked the sound of the pipe....LOL

I put my BDE on this winter with the airbox mod, pair mod, and pciiir. I haven't got it to a dyno yet this spring, but am curious as to what it will push out and what my gas mileage will be like. Whether it's good or not, it's still gotta be better than the cage.

Well guys , took the beast for a long ride last night. Man I am in love! Truly a beast but a well mannered one! You really can not tell all that much from one tank but I averaged above 45 mpg on the highway and a liitle above 40 in town. This is with mixed riding (performance -wise that is) since I am still breaking her in.

I am elated with this bike!

I have a few mods myself ,but I dont ever remember getting 40mpg,If I'm not mistaken I think it was around 38mpg when I first got the bike after mods 35mpg.Approx 150 miles on a tank I start looking for some fuel..humm

man if you're doing mods and concerned about fuel consumption, then just forget it. Seriously if you bought a busa for fuel economy then why didn't you just buy a moped.
laugh.gif

Ok guys tese are my mods.  My question is how will these affect my fuel consumtion...any guesses?

--Yoshimura Exhaust Oval RS-3 stainless steel 4 into 1 Race Full System.
--TRE
--K&N Filter
--Pair valve job
--Power Commander USB III---with custom mapping for all aforementioned mods

BTW any guesses to what the HP gain might be?
rock.gif
I have very similar mods and I get between 38 and 42 freeway taking it easy, pushing it I get 35 to 38 mpg.

<!--EDIT|manatrader
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113970385 -->

After a while of riding I can say that I am getting a standard 41 mpg with all the mods.

PS Still love the bike!

I have pretty much the same kind of mods...

a) Muzzy Full Titanium Exhaust system
b) PC3
c) K & N Airfilter
d) Ivans Smart TRE
e) PAIR Removed

My fuel consumption has not changed!! My bike feels more powerful... but The consumtion is the same (I'm using the MAP that came bundled with the PC3)!!

biggrin.gif

BTW any guesses to what the HP gain might be? [/QUOTE]

You sould be looking at about 10 - 15 RWHP ... It might be slightlymore if you have a custom map!!

Back