Rectifier swingarm

Dark3

Registered
With everyone putting the rectifier under the tail fairing on a gen 2, has anyone simply bolted it somewhere out of site on their swing arm? Unless there is a metal chemical issue, wouldn't it make more sense to put it where it still breathes well and is also out of sight? Is this possible? Before anyone asks WHY, because the belly pan lines don't jive with my pipe so I took that crap off and the rectifier is a eye sore. I know alot of guys hae done the tail mod with success (and others have BuRnEd after doing it) and i know the gen one has it there but still, its HOT, it needs AIR, and its UGLY.

Edit: those metal zip ties like are used with header wrap could be use to fasten maybe??

I was thinking the same thing after reading a member had his catch fire , but was due to recall of rectifier . I just ordered a center stand for my
new 2014 Gen II . I was considering using a small 12 volt computer fan with a thermal sensor to blow air across the rectifier at temps above 85 degrees .
( most of the time in south Texas . ) I thought outside in a different location , but I pick up the bike this Saturday , and stand wont arrive till
next week . I guess Ill play around with it once in hand , and post some pictures .

I was thinking the same thing after reading a member had his catch fire , but was due to recall of rectifier . I just ordered a center stand for my
new 2014 Gen II . I was considering using a small 12 volt computer fan with a thermal sensor to blow air across the rectifier at temps above 85 degrees .
( most of the time in south Texas . ) I thought outside in a different location , but I pick up the bike this Saturday , and stand wont arrive till
next week . I guess Ill play around with it once in hand , and post some pictures .

One consideration I thought of after posting this is the brackets, both the stock set up and the relocator plate are designed to allow air to the back of the rectifier. That may be one thing to slow me down. I just got a brand new trac arm in so im gonna mess around with the idea as well. Im in Ga and its hot as heck here too

A simple plastic spacer of say 3/16" would allow air currents behind the unit .

I moved mine to the side of the subframe/tail a couple years ago using an Adams bracket(like the Gen I)with no issues,may have just been a bad batch of rectifiers.

Adams Performance Rectifier Relocation Bracket Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (08-15) - Schnitz Racing

Yea I might give in. I dont really want to tap any holes in the arm. Just kinda scary thought to have even a .1 chance of catching on fire with no way to access it quickly and likely no way to put it out

Back