Myrtle Beach

Damn, I guess I'll have to miss this one too. Looks like another trip I'll have to plan on for next year. Or, I could just tell my g/f that instead of going to Hawaii in May we're gonna go to Myrtle Beach for Bike Week. Sounds like a plan to me.
wink.gif

Hey I have never been, I have a few guys at work that are going. But here is the problem. I would love to go for the ride and to see the bikes, car, and crowds but not trying to judge any one or put myself on the same level as JC or anything, here is my question.

I have heard all of the war stories and hype, would this type of event be out of place for a church man? LOL Don't get me wrong I am not trying to say that I am better than any one but I try to be careful where I go or the situations I allow myself to be in.

Does anyone have a decent/constructive opinion?

From what I heard, I don't think that Myrtle Beach is the right environment for a church going man. I wanted to go but after all the stories I don't think it's the right environment for me. I am married and don't want to be temped by the temptations at Myrtle Beach. I may be wrong but that's just my 2 cent.
P.S. I have seen pictures from Myrtle Beach..........

would this type of event be out of place for a church man?
If church men dont like looking at half naked azz and boobs then it may be. I dont go because i can do without the harrassement. Its about 2 hrs from my parents house i just dont like being fugged with. And when you get a bunch of high testostorne, including myself, guys showing out for tail it can only lead to trouble.

When I was talking about pictures....That is what I meant...a**, b**bs, naked girls, etc.....

Yes, I am married, saved and love fast bikes. But I don't need all that also.

Thank you all for your input.

Can't wait until it warms up. I am ready. It get warm for a couple of days then back cold.

It get warm for a couple of days then back cold.
Hey you got to man up and ride the cold along with the warm...yeah when i get where im going i have the snotstach and cant feel my fingers and my lips are ashy but dammit im happy and thats all the matters

That wonderful gift!!!

You will be surprised of the amount of people (seeds planted), that will be affected if saved riders used their bikes and life style as a witnessing tool. People think just becasue you love Jesus that you can't have fun.

Enough, I don't want to intrude on anybody. LOL

If your true to your conviction then there is nothing that happens at Myrtle Beach that will threaten you...Yeah there's some loose actions by the males and the females but if you don't desire to be a part of that then you don't have do...I've never seen anyone being coaxed at this sort of event to participate in anything unwillingly...Met up with Chris003 and GMan last year...Found out after three days that GMan's brother had attended the event but chose to stay in the room or close to it for some much needed rest and relaxation...

If your temptations are already smoldering you might want to go to confession, soak in holy water and rub down in oil...

If you do decide to attend you may see a bit of Jesus in a few people...

You are so right!! I work with guys that talk about any and everything so I have to limit some of my conversations. But we still have to mindful of events that we may consider attending.

Myrtle Beach bike week is what you make it, this will be my 4th or 5th year going and I've heard the stories. Not to say that all of them have had somethong added to make the story sound alittle more exciting, but it's all about who you go with and where you hang out. I would say it's no better or worst then any rally I will say that alot of non riders and kids attend(two of the things that make it a bit of a pain)there was a meet and greet at ####'s last year and several other local spots that make it worth the trip just to meet up with people you may only see once a year. If you go you'll never forget it.

That's funny I didn't know you could'nt say bobos it's local spot were the staff really get to enjoy there job. Thats worth the trip

A lot of interesting comments on here and I do find it refreshing when I hear people professing their faith. But the comments that Stunnah made regarding Myrtle Beach is right-on-point. I will be there again this year. My main reason for going is to get out to meet people who share a common interest in bikes. And it definitely sets my mind at ease to see a few thongs floatin' around here and there.

Back