Getting the Guages Worked

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Getting a little work done on the gauges. Shipped the cluster today.

SAM_2442.jpg

SAM_2443.jpg

If they're going to Scotts, just an FYI, they will add a remote dimmer switch if you're interested.
Wish I'de have known that before they did mine, but they did a great job none the less.

$60 hard earned dollars. And everyone of them was mine :laugh: Thanks Don, it was something silly that I had always wanted to do.

So it would appear that you have been running up to the 186 that the old speedo showed but couldn't see
how much faster then that you were going so you decided to fix that problem. :whistle:

They'll still do it but at the same speed :laugh: I've Ran the GPS a couple of times and know pretty well where I need to be in and out of town. On trips I run the GPS anyway. My bike is simple like the gauges. Shane begged me to do something else but I wanted it close to factory.

So did you really hit 220mph?

Must be nice to have your own personal drag strip near your home? :laugh::whistle::rulez:

I mean I never saw a speed limit sign so I figured it was your own strip.
Just not sure why you let other cars and trucks on it? ??? ???

I doubt it.. that would be some rather long gearing and from a 6th gear roll on I would think it would take longer than that. From what sounds like a relatively stock bike. But OP did say hes used gps to know about what his speed is Id say it just isnt tuned yet with a speedohealer.

Looks like the new gauges work great.:thumbsup:

I've had that bike seven years and it has close to 60K miles. Never touched by a mechanic ( except recall work ). I change the oil and filter every 4K and the plugs every 20K. I need to get a set of plugs. The ones in the motor have 20K on them.

Yes, they work.

Back