Clutch master cylinder for softer pull?

hendrixgr

Registered
Hi.
I have been searching for over two months now for a way to make my clutch a little softer (turbo gen1 Hayabusa) and i am thinking of trying a ZX14 clutch master cylinder.
Does anybody know if the ZX14 clutch mc will fit on my gen1 bike and if it will lighten up the load from my left hand?
If someone knows any other brand clutch MC (or any other method) that will fit without clearance problems and will make the clutch softer please let me know.
I am asking because theoretically a 19mm mc should be harder to pull than a 16mm one (the stock Hayabusa is 16mm i think) but then again i don't know the leverage ratio.
Chris

IMO Do hand exercises - seriously.

I don't know if I would start messing with the clutch to get a lighter pull.

If it got to light it might not engage all the way and that could cause problems.

Have you thought about getting different levers?

There are other kits out there like Bembo and others that are set up and designed for the Busa.
Not sure how much lighter of a pull they might or might not have.

Is it that your hand gets sore waiting for the lights to change? If so - Reread line 1.

Do you have a modded clutch for the turbo with stiffer springs? There is a Brembo setup that I know of but thats around $450 and I don't know if it has a higher ratio or not. Remember also that you will need to connect the sensors on the clutch too. A hydraulic switch will work there but this is not a simple swap.

Interesting question though. We'll see what the masters on here think about this soon I'm sure.

Do you have a modded clutch for the turbo with stiffer springs? There is a Brembo setup that I know of but thats around $450 and I don't know if it has a higher ratio or not. Remember also that you will need to connect the sensors on the clutch too. A hydraulic switch will work there but this is not a simple swap.

Interesting question though. We'll see what the masters on here think about this soon I'm sure.
Hi and thank you all for your help.
Yes i have the stiffer springs and believe it or not i am among the few people that can squeeze the lever over 10 consecutive times as it is.
I have very strong hands but the real problem comes in traffic, pulling and holding the lever many times in a short period wears me off quickly.
There are strategies that i use in order not to stress my fingers in traffic but i feel that i must find a way to make the lever softer because the stiff lever does not let me ''feel'' the clutch well during fast launches.
Ahh the brembo and its steep price, yes i am aware of the 19 and 16 rcs but i am trying to avoid them if i can because of their price not to mention that i found conflicting information about which rcs size to get.
Brembo suggest the 16 rcs for the Hayabusa clutch but in another forum or here (i don't remember) it is mentioned from someone that bought it that the 16 rcs does not disengage the clutch completely and he needed to get the 19 rcs instead.
Chris

You might find a used one.
I am looking for a used one every day but it looks like the ZX14 clutch MC has also very good quality as it is made by Nissin and it uses a 19 mm piston.
Chris

I have the zx14 clutch but doesnt fit with the oem bars on a gen2 busa. Might be a different story when i put the lowering tripple on since that will change the angle a bit to allow the MC not to hit at full lock

I have the zx14 clutch but doesnt fit with the oem bars on a gen2 busa. Might be a different story when i put the lowering tripple on since that will change the angle a bit to allow the MC not to hit at full lock
Yes i have read the problems you mention and that for gen2 only the brembo fits but i have a gen1 which i think has much more space.
I took some measurements and i think it will fit but i though that it would be a good idea to ask here first.
Chris

So it now begs the question - what changed?

Did you have stronger springs put in your clutch?
A totally different clutch?

Is there any chance that a pound or two weaker springs could be installed?

Do you have SS clutch lines?

The RCS works fine on Both Gen 1 and 2. It has a much lighter pull and more precise!
Hi and thank you all for your help.
Yes i have the stiffer springs and believe it or not i am among the few people that can squeeze the lever over 10 consecutive times as it is.
I have very strong hands but the real problem comes in traffic, pulling and holding the lever many times in a short period wears me off quickly.
There are strategies that i use in order not to stress my fingers in traffic but i feel that i must find a way to make the lever softer because the stiff lever does not let me ''feel'' the clutch well during fast launches.
Ahh the brembo and its steep price, yes i am aware of the 19 and 16 rcs but i am trying to avoid them if i can because of their price not to mention that i found conflicting information about which rcs size to get.
Brembo suggest the 16 rcs for the Hayabusa clutch but in another forum or here (i don't remember) it is mentioned from someone that bought it that the 16 rcs does not disengage the clutch completely and he needed to get the 19 rcs instead.
Chris

So it now begs the question - what changed?

Did you have stronger springs put in your clutch?
A totally different clutch?

Is there any chance that a pound or two weaker springs could be installed?

Do you have SS clutch lines?
Yes i have installed those APE Clutch Spring Kit Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa (99-07)
and now i like the power of the clutch as i can feel the difference during acceleration but i don't like the feel of the lever.
If i don't find something to make my clutch softer i am thinking that it might be a good idea to remove half of the springs.
Do you think that steel braided lines will help?
Maybe i should try this also.
Chris

Oh and

IMG_0823 (Small).JPG

IMG_0891 (Small) (Small).JPG

IMG_0822 (Small).JPG

Hi.
Is this the 19RCS or the 16RCS?
They sure look very nice!!!
Update: I just magnified the photo and it reads 16 RCS am i right?
It looks like this will be my next move...
Chris

Clutch is a 16 and the brake is a 19
As for springs i just have a replace Barnett set. It works great on the Gen 2 as well as my Big bore Gen 1
Hi.
Is this the 19RCS or the 16RCS?
They sure look very nice!!!
Update: I just magnified the photo and it reads 16 RCS am i right?
It looks like this will be my next move...
Chris

If you want a softer clutch but you need the holding power put a single stage MTC lock up in it. It feels like stock on the Lever pull. But then applies more pressure the faster you are going.

If you want a softer clutch but you need the holding power put a single stage MTC lock up in it. It feels like stock on the Lever pull. But then applies more pressure the faster you are going.
I have been thinking seriously to buy one that is up for sale in the ads forum (if it is still available) but i simply do not have the knowledge needed in order to decide if it is good or not for me.
Chris

Back