1999 Gen 1 ECU fitting inside Gen 2 2009 tail?

gixerman

Registered
I finally snagged a 2009 Tail for my 1999 Hayabusa. I did find out I need to switch the seat latch and cable to newer style, but the 99' ECU is Huge compared to where the 2009 unit goes. Does anyone have a way to fit my 1999 in the tail cleanly? Any pics? If anyone has the seat latch off 2008-2014 laying around let me know. I would also like to know if anyone knows tap size to thread frame for new 2009 seat . If anyone knows any other tips for a smooth conversion hit me up.. thanks

The only thing I can think off would be the tiger racing under tail. I must say it will give much more room were the battery and ecu goes. I installed mine last weekend but just dint like all the open area there compared to the factory undertray so I ended up wasting. Few hours re-installing the factory undertray

Look on here 4 a thread the Gen 2 trunk mod. It supposed to open up a ton of room, don't have a Gen2 but the guys on here that do and have done the mod say it's awesome. I believe somebody said they could fit a gallon of milk in the back after doing this mod so an ecu should be no problem

I will check that out again, I have an undertail, so I guess I can do something like that. I wish I could find a reasonable seat bracket, seems expensive for what it is..ty for response

Upgrading the ecu to a 02-07 model is worth doing. You can then have the ecu flashed for small performance improvements.
It's been a long time since I saw a 99 ecu, but I think they are physically larger than the 02-07 as well.
Someone here can confirm that, maybe 1Bondoman?

I think the problem with the gen II trunk mod won't be much help since it will be all the way in the back and I doubt the wiring harness as is will allow to move the ecu to the trunk area...

Exactly, the 99' ECU is huge compared to new one. Trunk mod will not help. I have an idea to smooth raised sections of ECU are and perhaps put an aluminum plate down to Velcro the ECU to. I want it to look clean, the tail I purchased had an undertail so anything I do will not be visible from underneath. Thanks for input

so are you saying that u have the factory undertray for a GEN II? If so I have a Tiger racing undertray that might solve your problem and we could possibly trade... I have something in mind for what I want to do but do not want to trash a $110 piece just to see if it will work. Trust me the TG product is race inspired and will give you more than enough room. But since My bike is daily riden, i'm trying to minimize dirt in the trunk.

Back