Lowered Rear?

screethoprez

Registered
I'm considering lowering the rear of my 05. How low can I go in the rear without having to lower the front? I don't want to go so low that the wheel will scrape my undertail with a passenger... maybe an inch or so. But will an inch even be noticeable?

Thanks,

Rich

I put links on mine that are 1" or 3" lower, I lowered it 1". I did it to get the pressure off of my wrists and forearms. It helped a lot, also I added Genmar risers and a Tobin seat to try to get it comfortable for long rides. It is much better that when stock.

heres a pic of 1 inch drop front and rear..

busa_052.jpg

I'm considering lowering the rear of my 05. How low can I go in the rear without having to lower the front? I don't want to go so low that the wheel will scrape my undertail with a passenger... maybe an inch or so. But will an inch even be noticeable?

Thanks,

Rich
what undertail do you have?

I have a topgun tail and mine is lowered 2" in back and on a huge bump with a passenger my tire rubbed it a bit.

Thanks,

Rich
what undertail do you have?

I have a topgun tail and mine is lowered 2" in back and on a huge bump with a passenger my tire rubbed it a bit.
I have the UFO undertail. How low can I go without any rubbing? What about with a passenger?

Thanks,

Rich

My guess would be no lower than 1-1/2" with a passenger to be safe. You should always be cautious when crossing bumps.

yeah it all depends... I thought mine would be close... and it ended up being too close.... I rarely ride with a passenger so I figured I could slip by this once... but couldn't

Question: What did you use to lower your Front...Did you use Lowering Blocks that go inside the Forks or Adjustable Tripple Tree? I want to lower mine at least 2 1/4 in the front and 2 in the rear...Is this to low?

I like the look.....looks like it is really level now.   I'm sure I should watch the bumps w/ one of my babies mommas on the back.....

<!--EDIT|Devil Dog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122608845 -->

Pic of mine lowered 1-1/2" in back.

<!--EDIT|BigBSBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127503899 -->

Baby_J__11_Sep_05____5.JPG

I am wondering about what one of you guys said: that the lowering of the rear takes the pressure off the wrists and the forearms. I have the Helibars so far and the gel seat on plus the touring screen but I want it to be comfy as my sofa.
Does the lowering kit do anything for your middle back and the neck as well?

Oh yeah...and the Tobin seat - can you rate it with the stock and the gel? Scale from 1-10 (1 super sucky, 10 my leather sofa).
smile.gif

I am wondering about what one of you guys said: that the lowering of the rear takes the pressure off the wrists and the forearms. I have the Helibars so far and the gel seat on plus the touring screen but I want it to be comfy as my sofa.
Does the lowering kit do anything for your middle back and the neck as well?
Not sure how best to describe it, but it lets you feel the bike better. Kind of like your sofa, but I wouldn't go quite that far and its not the same for everyone.

Back